• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Honestly surprised that they don’t have something like a light curtain to catch that kind of situation.
probably would be way too unreliable because people have differnt lengths of legs and arms and if someone is small with small legs it has to be high up, but this may mean people with long arms can trigger the light curtan and shut down the ride, also if someone keeps their legs up (holding it into the seat) it may not detect it

Pretty sure the ops are supposed to be checking on the lift cameras as well
that was what happened at six flags they stopped after seeing it on the camera, reading the origional post I think the problem on gal was the foot flaps didn't closed, meaning a guest could hold their foot up into the normal position and if they did that during the lift (the post claims they did throughout the ride) it may not be easy to spot on a camera as they would have to be looking for a smal flap open not a much larger leg.

I believe the position of the leg restraints on Galactica are monitored such that the ride cannot be dispatched unless they're closed. I've definitely heard the op calling out a row/seat number followed by "leg flaps" on more than one occasion - I always assumed the information came from the ride itself rather than the op spotting something was amiss.

If you pull down the vest restraint too early it is entirely possible for one or both leg flaps to lock with your legs outside of them. In this case your only option is to wait for the staff to unlock the restraints & reposition.

I believe the position of the leg restraints on Galactica are monitored such that the ride cannot be dispatched unless they're closed. I've definitely heard the op calling out a row/seat number followed by "leg flaps" on more than one occasion - I always assumed the information came from the ride itself rather than the op spotting something was amiss.

If you pull down the vest restraint too early it is entirely possible for one or both leg flaps to lock with your legs outside of them. In this case your only option is to wait for the staff to unlock the restraints & reposition.
that is very possible, I know there is a huge amount of sensors, the post said the restraints didn't lock multiple times, so I went with that.

Yes I've seen them having to kick the leg flaps closed quite a few times.

Yes the leg flaps are monitored and required to be closed to allow a dispatch.

I have seen people pull their harnesses down without their legs in the correct position though. This is something the hosts are required to check as well as the harness. If this happens they can ask the station operator to release the flaps for that row, then they can be manually closed by the host using the foot pedal on each seat.

Apparently it is actually perfectly safe to ride with the leg restraints open, albeit uncomfortable. The clearances are designed wide enough so that you could ride with only your upper body secured.

Playing devils advocate here. Whilst AT staff should notice etc, surely you’d shout or say something when the ride staff were checking restraints.

‘oh my legs are out of the restraint’ - it’s not like the staff are going to ignore you and say tough shit off you go…..
On the flip side, there aren't exactly many coasters that restrain your legs, so a non-geek probably wouldn't think about that.

On the flip side, there aren't exactly many coasters that restrain your legs, so a non-geek probably wouldn't think about that.

True ….. but common sense will surely make you think ‘what’s the thing there, why is everyone else putting their legs in it’