• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

From: https://twitter.com/TowersStreet/status/1779184545843036304?t=qd_hKRkzQ4FesaynltHqUg&s=19

Graffiti has been sprayed on Galacticas main sign. I know many Towers fans want Galactica to be rethemed, but getting out of your way to vandalise Park property with a seek the truth logo is a "little" overboard.

Yeh, as much as I think Galactica will eventually be re-themed to fit in with the rest of the area, this looks fan-made.
The actual seekthetruth logo is slightly different, the spikes are spaced differently. If this was official it surely would have been done with the same stencil as the others.

Yea looks like graffiti probably done when the park wasn't open and gates were just open for rollercoaster restaurant, that would be my guess.
Either way Galatica needs a big spruce up preferably a retheme and as it's been mentioned a lot recently it doesn't fit in more than ever.

Yea looks like graffiti probably done when the park wasn't open and gates were just open for rollercoaster restaurant, that would be my guess.
Either way Galatica needs a big spruce up preferably a retheme and as it's been mentioned a lot recently it doesn't fit in more than ever.
Presumably something will be done to it in the next closed season, as a phase 2 of the area make-over with Project Ocean.
If nothing is done then I think it could well be that they are thinking about removing the ride altogether. That must have come up in conversation at some point as to what to do with it. While i'm sure that the track hasn't dealt with as much force as Nemesis did, it is coming up to the age where it might be coming to the end of it's operating life. And i'm not sure they would do the same for Galactica as they have for Nemesis regarding full refurb.

I don't think Galatica would get the nemesis treatment when that time comes myself, I love the ride and I have a soft spot for it even just listening to the air soundtrack gives me a very joyful sense of nostalgia.

With it being 22 years old I'd imagine it probably has a good 10 years left, I mean I think the track would still be pretty structurally sound as its not the most intense ride but the ride system as a whole is struggling a lot and probably needs a lot of investment putting into it.

It's hard to gauge especially with it being the first of its type but I think Galatica will still be here for a while longer I know some people feel like it's end is quite imminent though, I'd love to see it repainted and slightly rethemed to fit in a bit more but then we don't need another black rollercoaster in the park with a military theme but with project ocean happening and the transformation of forbidden valley I'll be keeping my eyes peeled next closed season.

In my oppinion the problem will not be the track that nessecitates a new ride, but the control system & trains as I have said before the trains are complex, with an insain amount of wiring, sensors and even motors to provide the saftey the ride reauires, if this starts to get less reliable over time and requires a new control system or refurbished trains, I could see them having to make that descition, according to eltoro ryans superman flight video the trains are some of if not the most expensive vehicles in the industry each costing in excess of £1M, if they were to replace all 3 trains it would be £3M+ take into account a new control system and a new ride could be tempting.