• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Game of Thrones

Yeah I've finally got around to watching it. It was ok.

I don't get why Jon ended up back at the wall. Firstly the White Walkers are dead so why is the nights watch even a thing? Secondly it was Grey Worm that banished him but he immediately runs off after... so who would care if Jon just came back?
Oh wait, I know why, it's so Jon could say goodbye to the other Starks (Lord of the Rings style), and to bring the show full circle I guess?

Either way they made the best of what they had I guess.

The Starks are a family of honour and they have given their word that Jon will be exiled. To renege on that would make them untrustworthy and could have ramifications on future deals.

It seems likely greyworm would never return, but it's not gaurenteed he wouldn't return if he was told the Starks has betrayed their word.

Most of the plot points in the show make sense to me, but I think they could be reordered or more plainly pointed out to make it clearer. My final take was - excellent but not perfect finish.

And here is my biggest problem with what the shows become. No one used to feel the need to justify characters actions in GoT. When Joffrey executed Ned no one had to explain why, it's just the type of thing his character would do.
It's only in the last 2 seasons that major plot points in the show have had to be explained away or justified. If you debate hard enough you can "explain" anything, but the fact you feel the need to defend it highlights that there is a problem.

Edit: I should note that a problem doesn't mean you can't like this series, but I and many others didn't :(

Last edited: