• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland

There's no denying that the quality of the coasters has improved significantly since Merlin took over. They've now got two B&Ms and a large Vekoma mine train. They've also lowered the gate price since taking over and developed the resort side. Despite this, their visitor numbers seem to have fallen (based on figures from the Themed Entertainment Association and information in the press). Now, these figures may not be completely accurate, and it also has to be acknowledged that the theme park market in Italy has got more competitive in Italy since Merlin took over. Nonetheless, to improve the coasters so much and to lower the prices but to also see a fall in visitors does seem to say something about Merlin's management.

Surely they can't be doing any worse than Towers, they can't even attract enough people to need Fastracks anymore.

Towers still run their rides at capacity when appropriate and don't "oversell" fast track (for Merlin they operate their rides the best of the group). Garda land have massively oversold fast track, with 30+ minute fast track queues and slow moving main queues.

Gardaland is pleasant, with good opening hours and events.

Fastrack is its Nemesis.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gardaland is a really pleasant park, though as with all merlin parks rides have recently been added somewhat at the expense of themed areas, with rides given seemingly arbitrary themes regardless of location.

It wasn't remotely busy when I visited back in 2012, and by all accounts the fasttrack situation has become a total mess since then. I largely suspect I'd hate the place now if I was unfortunate enough to visit on even a moderately busy day.

Has anyone been in July? I'm in Milan that weekend and worked out that I can get the train from Milan Central to Peshciera Del Garda and back quite easily. It's a Saturday and it's open 10am to 10pm but after reading this thread, dare I say I'll need to purchase fastpass? I've also read I can get my ticket stamp so that I can leave and get back in later on, squeezing Movieland in might be too much but I was thinking of heading to the lake walking around and grabbing food on the front. Does this sound doable or even with fastpass should I expect to be on the park all day?

Depends what you're after, the B&Ms are the only things worth re riding, and I doubt think their shows are much up to it...

Probably could do both with Fastrack... But hard to say as you'd be rushing about...

@Robert Jones I'd say do it. I did something similar on a work jaunt but I can't remember if it was July or August.

Movieland is cool but if you're pushed for time I'd just do a day at Gardland. I'm all about chilled out wandering these days than trying to grab credits.

I think more people have Fastrack than don't.... so it's worth keeping an eye on the main queues too.

https://queue-times.com/parks/12/queue_times

Thanks @Benzin and @Rick.

I think Movieland may be too much of a push but there is a possibility to do it on the Sunday, so fingers crossed. I'm not there for credits but just to enjoy the park. I'm looking forward to a view across Lake Garda from flying Island more than anything else :) The only re-rides looking likely are the B&Ms and Sequoia Adventure. I'm assuming the rest of the Vekoma rides are as rough as their UK counterparts, although I want to do Blue Tornado for the extended layout.

Thanks for the tip on fast track Rick. Guess I'll just have to make that decision on the morning.

Just on the train home now. Thanks for the tips guys :)

I bought fastrack (boo!) But it did enable us to get on everything and have a nice relaxing evening at the marina in Pescharia Del Garda too.

I thought the park was pretty decent and at least on a par with Heide Park, you can see some amazing theming let down by some standard Merlinisms!:rolleyes:

On the downside Seqiuoa Adventure was down all day and Shaman was on limited testing with a member of figment checking every headset before setting off. The queue looked to be at least 2 hrs. I only saw 2 trains leave in an hour long queue from Kung Fu Panda Master,so didn't bother.

Again thanks guys :D

@Robert Jones Glad you had a good time. It's a solid park. Seqiuoa is a bit of an odd one but it's a shame you had to miss it. Suspect its time is limited.

It is a solid park but the Merlin effect is evident.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looopings are reporting that Sequoia Adventure has been closed for a number of weeks now and could remain closed until next season:
Looopings said:
Amusement park closes bizarre roller coaster in the middle of the high season

A remarkable roller coaster in the Italian theme park Gardaland remains for the time being. The thirty meter high roller coaster Sequoia Adventure has been quiet for weeks for unannounced work. Probably the attraction will open again next year.

"Sequoia Adventure is currently undergoing special maintenance at the manufacturer's request," a spokesman for Gardaland told Looopings. That should make for more comfortable trips. "We currently do not know how long it will take."

A ride in Sequoia Adventure consists of a steep elevator followed by a bizarre trail that partially passes passengers. The twelve year old attraction was built by S & S manufacturer. Only three copies have been made worldwide.

Sounds like it is getting some GLC..!

:)