• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Just really like the hotels as the main point also I live local and I'm off work this week and got nothing else better to do

Just really like the hotels as the main point also I live local and I'm off work this week and got nothing else better to do

Nice one. Hope it didn't come across as rude or curt it wasn't meant that way, genuinely wondered.

Does anyone now if the hotels reach capacity ever, because the prices they charge is extortionate, I have only stayed at the hotel once when the room was heavily discounted, and feel that was probably just value for money.

I would love to go back to Florida and looking at the prices you can get a 7 day stay at Disney World from £400. And if you book at the right time you can get free dining plans so food and drink would be included.

At Alton £400 Would get you 2 day stay with just breakfast included.

Surely that's not on, you do have to buy flights but still this is a holiday in Orlando!

Hotel prices in the whole of the UK are expensive compared to most other countries.
Try booking a 4 star hotel in the centre of a big city for comparison.

Yes I think most Saturday nights they do reach a reasonable occupancy at the the hotels. But weekdays, especially during term time, there are offer codes and corporate discount schemes.

Disney are struggling with occupancy at some of the higher end resorts and are converting some rooms to DVC time share

The reason prices can be extortionate is because the rooms will get filled. It's a supply/demand thing. They wouldn't charge the prices unless people were paying them :)

Yeah it's either mentally priced around peak times/events but still can be overpriced unless you stop during close season where it's dirt cheap

Hotel prices in the whole of the UK are expensive compared to most other countries.
Try booking a 4 star hotel in the centre of a big city for comparison.

hmmmm....I booked 2 nights last weekend in Southwark, London in a 4 star hotel with breakfast for 2 people for £100 a night. I could have got cheaper if I wanted.

My family and I are staying in a Premier Inn in the centre of London for two nights with breakfast, in March, and it only cost £200.

Which I don't think's that bad.

61a428873dc42a31569cd633e9e88810.jpg

The hotels seem rather full (I don't think capacity but close) for Santa sleepover and there's a lot of entertainment to be fair

My family and I are staying in a Premier Inn in the centre of London for two nights with breakfast, in March, and it only cost £200.

Which I don't think's that bad.

Your not seriously comparing a premier inn to the Alton Towers hotels are you?

Compare apples with apples and look for a night at a Hotel Indigo or Crowne Plaza.

I would argue that a Premier Inn offers a much higher quality room than either ATH or Splash.

I stay in hotels around 250 nights a year in everything from b&b's to 5 star hotels so feel well qualified to answer this.
Hotels cannot solely be judged on room quality, it's the other add on services that cost.
So stay in a Premier Inn and fancy a snack or meal call room service? Forget it.
Charge a beer to your room? Forget it.
A nice swim or pamper? Forget it.
Ice to your room? Forget it.
Wifi? That will be £3 a day thanks.
Breakfast? £9 for the worst breakfast bar none.
Etc . etc . etc
Premier Inn are a lodge not a full service hotel.

Now I'm not saying AT hotels are the latest thing in value but if you compare what you get and where you are then they aren't that bad value.
Like I said, all hotel's in the UK are expensive compared to most other countries.

Plus there's the obvious fact with any theme park hotel it is always automatically more expensive, because you're paying for the privilege of being on-site.

I think the pricing at peak times of the year at Towers takes the mick. Although you do get hotel ents, free unlimited wifi, full cooked breakfast and a theme park less than 5 minutes away from your room. Not really comparable to Premier Inn, or any hotel chain like that, since Alton Towers isn't a hotel chain, their hotels are unique and can only be found at Alton Towers.