• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Oh yes in this case they work well. Doesn't change the fact they look cheap though (I blame the cartoon graphics they seem eager to plaster over Splash Landings/Cariba Creek) :)

Oh yes in this case they work well. Doesn't change the fact they look cheap though (I blame the cartoon graphics they seem eager to plaster over Splash Landings/Cariba Creek) :)

Do they look cheap or do we just expect them to look cheap?

How would we make the Vinyl look less cheap when even Diogo say's they are necessary?

Considering that those changing rooms in Cariba Creek have never really been themed at all up to this point, these vinyl's on the doors will actually be an improvement. Plus its already been pointed out that they are the only real material suitable for that environment.

Yep that's right...even I have no complaints on this one.

The changing room doors look fine to me. The lockers, I'll admit, are a bit naff. But how long do you spend looking at a locker door, 30 seconds in total?

Of course, it would be nice to think that the money saved here will be spend elsewhere, but we all know that won't happen.

Its a shame they plaster vinyls over everything. If it was only used in the right way ( the moist enviroment of a water park) and did good old style theming else where. Then it would not look cheap and tacky.

Wonder if they will do anything to the panels behind the doors when your getting changed? No point having the fronts done in vinyl if the insides are still the same yucky beige

Lets hope they sort the changing room layout while they are at it. When Cariba Creek opened it had a sensible one-way system, you enter a cubicle on one side, drop the little shelf thing that locks both doors and exit on the other side of the cubicle where the lockers are. So you had the "dry" side of the cubicles at the entrance and the "wet" side of the cubicles at the lockers/showers. A few years ago they removed some walls so you don't need to go through a cubicle to get to the "wet" side of the changing rooms. Then they replaced the little shelf that locked both doors with seperate locks, resulting in many changing cubicles being locked on the wet side but not the dry side (or vice versa).
They either need to reinstate the original concept of two-sided cubicles. Or abandon it and have regular cubicles with only one door.

Hope that makes sense.

Lets hope they sort the changing room layout while they are at it. When Cariba Creek opened it had a sensible one-way system, you enter a cubicle on one side, drop the little shelf thing that locks both doors and exit on the other side of the cubicle where the lockers are. So you had the "dry" side of the cubicles at the entrance and the "wet" side of the cubicles at the lockers/showers. A few years ago they removed some walls so you don't need to go through a cubicle to get to the "wet" side of the changing rooms. Then they replaced the little shelf that locked both doors with seperate locks, resulting in many changing cubicles being locked on the wet side but not the dry side (or vice versa).
They either need to reinstate the original concept of two-sided cubicles. Or abandon it and have regular cubicles with only one door.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah I always wondered why it was layed out like it was with doors on either side of the cubicle. How it was before sounds much better, hopefully they return to this. Being able to get into the cubicles from two sides is a bit silly really.

:)

I've always thought it smells of nappies in there. Not sure if it's just me that thinks that though. :p

Hope that makes sense.

Plus the shelf also made a useful space to put some of belongings on when sorting yourself out! I used to find it a good place to put my watch and phone before putting them away. I prefer the one-way system they once had. It was a pretty nice design and the shelf locking both doors was clever too.

Seeing the new photos from Leek Signs that TowersStreet posted it does indeed look like all new cubicles, not just vinyl over the old ones. Also it does look like they have abandoned the idea of the one way system and instead gone for cubicles with only one door. The vinyl looks great so hopefully they will still look good in a year.

They just need to sort the mouldy changing rooms in the Spa now!

It's really good that they've decided to redo the changing rooms - actually listening to feedback for once. This should make a far nicer experience (the cubicles once they removed the shelf locking system were nothing short of a nightmare to use, particularly when busy!)

"No need to bring a free towel along, instead pay £2 and let us dry you":

10929147_831163560259849_7182564546602544004_n.jpg

I really do not think they are necessary!! They've probably gone and removed the free hair dryers as part of this refurb though!

"No need to bring a free towel along, instead pay £2 and let us dry you":

10929147_831163560259849_7182564546602544004_n.jpg

I really do not think they are necessary!! They've probably gone and removed the free hair dryers as part of this refurb though!

Those have been in the waterpark changing room for years. Loads of people seem to use them for some unknown reason.

Oh really? Shows how much attention I've paid then! Surprises me that people use them, but fair enough, I take back my cynical comments! :p

I never understood these in the changing rooms. People bring towels, and they don't even dry you anyway... Just warm you up.