• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Well it has taken three years to get the top floor to moon rooms! And I'm not 100% sure if they are all moon rooms, but all the corridor is now moon themed. So at this rate it will be 6 years for the other floors

Well it has taken three years to get the top floor to moon rooms! And I'm not 100% sure if they are all moon rooms, but all the corridor is now moon themed. So at this rate it will be 6 years for the other floors

Some will be individual themed rooms, but there are no explorer rooms left as far as I know.

You'd really have to be a lunar-tic to stay in one of those rooms.

OK, I'll leave now.

;)

The one thing that looks a bit rubbish on the moon corridor is the un-themed doors with the old numbers on then, they are all the theme rooms, but they just look odd with all the moon themeing around it

Last edited:
Producing all the vinyls for the new rooms is a time consuming process you know!

;)

The one thing that looks a bit rubbish on the moon corridor is the un-themed doors with the old numbers on then, they are all the theme rooms, but they just look on with all the moon themeing around it

Michael stop writing posts when youre drunk!

I'd like to see them put some kind of cover over the doors to make them look new like the other doors but I think The Smiler suite would look a bit weird with a moon themed door.

A good idea would be to cover the themed doors around their theme (so The Smiler door gets some funky Smiler pattern), then have an effect made on the carpet and wall around it so it merges with the Moon Voyager theme. A bit like the original carpet and wall transition there was between Cariba Creek and the hotel walkway (until they destroyed it a year or two ago).

Last I heard they already have three finalized themes for the hotel rooms (all based around Sir Algernon's adventures). Not sure if that's still the case, but if they still have those plans in mind I hope we see it things move quicker. I was hoping to see one floor a year refurbished. Not one floor every 3 years!

The smiler on the moon, would be a good twist, or a wormhole to the smiler on the door

A good idea would be to cover the themed doors around their theme (so The Smiler door gets some funky Smiler pattern), then have an effect made on the carpet and wall around it so it merges with the Moon Voyager theme. A bit like the original carpet and wall transition there was between Cariba Creek and the hotel walkway (until they destroyed it a year or two ago).

Last I heard they already have three finalized themes for the hotel rooms (all based around Sir Algernon's adventures). Not sure if that's still the case, but if they still have those plans in mind I hope we see it things move quicker. I was hoping to see one floor a year refurbished. Not one floor every 3 years!
The themed carpet between the conference centre and the water park is still there.
I don't remeber there being themed carpet from the conf centre to the AT Hotel.

I believe a lot of the themed rooms on the third floor are CBeebies rooms. Personally I would just have some CBeebies graphics on he doors, but in a similar style to how the moon rooms.

Not £350 more, but yes. Themed rooms are massively more expensive than standard rooms.

The price is approximate. Have a look on the Alton Towers website.