• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Very poor menu choice there. I just can't seem to fathom why this has been developed?

4b6ff0d5dc9aaa7d45c28177c2d34cd7.jpg

I'd assume that's the waterpark menu, and then there will be a more substantial menu for evening meals? Although this is Alton Towers so...

I'm too confused how this will work for waterpark guests as a sit down restaurant. They're not going to let you sit down to a main meal in your Speedos are they. But then if you need to be clothed it kinda defeats the whole purpose of it being available to waterpark guests.

If this is replacing staff areas, what's happening for staff now. Are they simply losing space or is it being relocated elsewhere?

This is just a bizarre development and I don't really see the point of it. It seems like they want extra restaurant capacity, the powers above cannot be bothered to invest in new buildings and infrastructure, so try and find any possible space/room they can to shove an on-the-cheap restaurant inside.

Jeeves! Fetch me my budgie smuglers. The extra skimpy ones!
I'd say something about indecent exposure, but I don't think it counts if there's nothing to expose?

Plenty of waterparks have sit down places to eat, Sandcastle in Blackpool has a similar burger shack with seats around the edge of the pool, but I don't really think a restaurant is necessary! :p

Guys I think you have all mis understood here. This is not a table service restaurant. It is a quick service, fast food cafe.

It is open for Waterpark guests throughout the day with the entrance from inside the Waterpark only.

Just wanted to clear up the confusion.

OSC will be transformed into a new offering shortly after Half Term with the new Adventurers Cave being the main hot food offering for the Waterpark.

Guys I think you have all mis understood here. This is not a table service restaurant. It is a quick service, fast food cafe.

It is open for Waterpark guests throughout the day with the entrance from inside the Waterpark only.

Just wanted to clear up the confusion.

OSC will be transformed into a new offering shortly after Half Term with the new Adventurers Cave being the main hot food offering for the Waterpark.

Ah, it was suggested previously that it may also serve as an evening restaurant for the hotels after the Waterpark had shut. If that is not the case then I suppose the menu isn't too bad as a hot food option for just the Waterpark - standard theme park food.

I do still find it amusing how almost every Towers food outlet is a variation on pretty much the same food!

:)

I do still find it amusing how almost every Towers food outlet is a variation on pretty much the same food!

Its often the same at all theme parks. Every US Disney park has somewhere with Hot Dogs, a Burger place, a Pizza place and often ribs or rotisserie chicken meals. :)

At Towers the one that annoys me slightly is that Towers Street bar & grill and Woodcutters have almost the same menu. A little more variety there would be nice.

Its often the same at all theme parks. Every US Disney park has somewhere with Hot Dogs, a Burger place, a Pizza place and often ribs or rotisserie chicken meals. :)

At Towers the one that annoys me slightly is that Towers Street bar & grill and Woodcutters have almost the same menu. A little more variety there would be nice.

I know that, and I have no problems with theme park food being offered. But at Towers you have your standard theme park food outlets (fine) and then Woodcutters and TSB&G which is basically slightly better quality theme park food with a few added options, yet both menus are very similar. Even Rollercoaster Restaurant is going to have burgers! At Disney parks for example there are always alternatives to standard theme park food if you are prepared to pay a bit more.

I've not eaten at the hotels for a while but at least you can get some better food there!

I'm going to be eating 4 dinners on the site in July.

So far I'm thinking
Secret Garden
Rollercoaster
Woodcutters
Flambos

I hope there is enough variation as we will be having our lunches and breakfasts there too!

Path from hotels to theme park coming along (pictures from TS Facebook)...
12729366_1009879859082458_6719040843283040075_n.jpg

12742375_1009879865749124_1182672271904610002_n.jpg

12705669_1009879919082452_5027186307074549100_n.jpg

Very large posts! Either it will have a roof to provide shelter from the rain. Or they're building very large fences either side so guests can't jump over and die from the 3 foot drop you would get with a small fence. :D

I'm hoping they add some lights with this new path also.

It would appear that the fountain outside ATH is recieving some work:

14054229_1140749472662162_8018082576474126438_n.jpg

14079643_1140749459328830_6165138877320536392_n.jpg

Really not sure what to make of this, I'll judge once completed but don't think I am a fan of the new style.