• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Just stayed in moon voyage room and didn’t rate it as much as artic explorer. Nicer and more open and better theming. Really hope they sort out some of those splash landing rooms. Last year ours looked really tatty.

A look at a couple of before/after shots of the Splash bathrooms that have been refurbished.

14DCSvg.jpg

ASmLIon.jpg

cj7p3Na.jpg

jiOawuJ.jpg

New sinks and toilets, wall vinyls, tiling replaced and shower curtain has been replaced with a shower screen.

It doesn’t seem that the rooms themselves have changed much, wall paper stripped and re-painted and new lamp shade. No vinyls in the rooms.

Let’s hope they actually finish this off across the rest of the rooms.

Last edited:
Since when did Alton Towers become the leek signs experience centre?.
When Merlin decided to throw the guest experience out of the window and chase the bottom-line for the shareholders.

But lest we forget, Merlin are second only to Disney! (I need a really stiff drink now - and it's only just gone 8pm - but I will be able to get served about 20 times faster in my own home than in an Alton Towers Hotel / Splash Landings Hotel / Crooked Spoon / Teepee Bar).

Last time I was in margs there were 3 people in front of me and no joke it took I’d say a good 20 minutes to get served. I’ve no idea how they manage to make such a mess of serving drinks. It’s not even like they make the cocktails properly it’s all that pre mix garbage