• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

if you are going during season and being on park the suites are a bit of a waste IMO as you will be on park and not getting the "benefit|" of them

when I did use to stay I always booked standard rooms then asked for a free upgrade to moon voyager when checking in :D

Braces for a bad breakfast, can the same be said for evening meals? Is it worth making a might stop at RR?

I did not visit myself but evening meals in Secret Garden Restaurant were very good in 2019, hopefully it will be the same this year. RCR is very hit and miss.

if you are going during season and being on park the suites are a bit of a waste IMO as you will be on park and not getting the "benefit|" of them

when I did use to stay I always booked standard rooms then asked for a free upgrade to moon voyager when checking in :D
I thought they may be, just wanted to impress the misses and although in season it’d be week days in may so although will be on park, not like the opening hours are all day ahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it worth spending the extra for suite rooms still or?

If you are thinking about a suite I would recommend the Arabian Nights one as that has the best value for a couple I feel. Free bottle of prosecco too. They are currently doing an up to 40% room savings offer right now so I would book soon if you can.

I did not visit myself but evening meals in Secret Garden Restaurant were very good in 2019, hopefully it will be the same this year. RCR is very hit and miss.

Secret Garden is the one that’s in the Hotel isnt it? Always used to be pretty good so I’m glad to hear they’ve kept it up.

RCR seems like a cool concept but from what the odd reviews say it’s not very well done which is a shame. Cheers!

If you are thinking about a suite I would recommend the Arabian Nights one as that has the best value for a couple I feel. Free bottle of prosecco too. They are currently doing an up to 40% room savings offer right now so I would book soon if you can.

Hoping to book in the next couple of weeks after pay day

Arabian Nights is the one I was going for yeah, just thought since she’d never been to any true Theme Park other then Camelot, I’d go all out on it

It's alright... fun to eat there (at least once if you've not done it) and the food isn't terrible most of the time. Don't expect michelin star quality meals to come down the tracks and you'll be fine!

As long as it’s edible it’s fine by me aha! Mrs is a bit more picky but otherwise! Thanks :)

Go to ATH with low expectations & you may come out with a positive feel about your stay. The Hotels & the catering offer have both gone way downhill over the years. You'll get a better nights sleep in a Premier Inn & the Premier Inn breakfast puts the Towers breakfast offering to shame. A Premier Inn will cost a lot less than ATH too.

You'd be better saving up & heading to Europa Park - they show what CAN be done if the powers-that-be want it to happen. Their hotels are amazing, the food & drink offering is amazing, the theme park is amazing too. Spot the common word... not often you'd see the word amazing in an Alton Towers trip report.

The difference is the management at Europa Park care - it's a family owned business & guest experience matters to them a lot. I've been in Hotel Colosseo having an evening meal and Roland Mack was wandering around, inspecting / sampling the buffet, talking to guests etc. Would you see Mr Varney taking that level of interest in the Alton Towers Hotel? Err, no. I bet the ATH have to get a special food order in if he stays there, i.e. no "sawdust special" sausages at breakfast.

Go to ATH with low expectations & you may come out with a positive feel about your stay. The Hotels & the catering offer have both gone way downhill over the years. You'll get a better nights sleep in a Premier Inn & the Premier Inn breakfast puts the Towers breakfast offering to shame. A Premier Inn will cost a lot less than ATH too.

You'd be better saving up & heading to Europa Park - they show what CAN be done if the powers-that-be want it to happen. Their hotels are amazing, the food & drink offering is amazing, the theme park is amazing too. Spot the common word... not often you'd see the word amazing in an Alton Towers trip report.

The difference is the management at Europa Park care - it's a family owned business & guest experience matters to them a lot. I've been in Hotel Colosseo having an evening meal and Roland Mack was wandering around, inspecting / sampling the buffet, talking to guests etc. Would you see Mr Varney taking that level of interest in the Alton Towers Hotel? Err, no. I bet the ATH have to get a special food order in if he stays there, i.e. no "sawdust special" sausages at breakfast.
Europa hotels are also way out of price range for alot of people especially once you add on all the required extras.

Just booked my stays for this year...... but not in the hotels - opted for the Chained Oak. Even with the 40% off prices which would have appealed to me in the past no longer do so. The cleanliness and standards of the rooms and fittings now is poor, and the noise levels in Splash and ATH are just crazy. I do like the Enchanted Village in the summer, but even that left me feeling ripped off when I went 2 years ago with dirty towels, poor bedding and lack of any fan/ventilation on hot days.

Oh yeah the breakfast... Another reason I don't stay at towers anymore. The thought of those sausages (shudder)

The current evening menu at SGR is excellent. Book an Arctic or Moon Voyage room in ATH.

You'll have a nice time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Was looking at either then or the Araibian Nights suite while the deal is on :)

Glad to see more then one person saying that SGR is having good times in the evening!

As much as people criticise it, I don't think I've ever eaten any bad food at Alton Towers' hotels. Both RCR and the breakfast were lovely when I last stayed in June!

As much as people criticise it, I don't think I've ever eaten any bad food at Alton Towers' hotels. Both RCR and the breakfast were lovely when I last stayed in June!
To be fair it's usually more that the service is shocking as opposed to the food. It's always been alright when you eventually get it. I do however think the food in the park has gone down hill over the last few years.

service is hit and miss in scr I find on a few occasions Ive had to get up and ask to be served ...
o_O
unless they are purposely ignoring me
o_O
or they cant be arsed
o_O
then again working min wake I wouldn't be arsed either
:rolleyes:

Question for you all, having not stayed in the hotel since I was about twelve (11 years ago now, damn) was debating taking my other half for the weekend and staying in the main hotel like I used to as a kid.

Honest opinions on condition of the hotel? Am I going to have my childhood memories of amazement and wonder crushed in front of my rose tinted eyes, or will it be okay?

we stay at fireworks time and my only complaint is that other guests are noisy in the corridors and the breakfast isn’t as good as a Premier Inn breakfast. The rooms are perfectly fine and we always go for a standard explorer room.