• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

Booked my usual September weekend a few weeks back but had an email with some kind of offer today so I checked the price difference and it was quite considerable, rang the hotel booking line and they allowed me to cancel and rebook at the lower price. I’m very quick to criticise the hotels (and rightly so!) but credit where it is due, was pleasantly surprised by this good service. Guy on the phone very knowledgeable and friendly too

Any one know if the Splash rooms will continue to be refurbed this closed season? They did a chunk of them last year, wondered if they will be carrying on?

Any one know if the Splash rooms will continue to be refurbed this closed season? They did a chunk of them last year, wondered if they will be carrying on?

I hope this facebook post answers your question :)

kFoxHuC.png

Question for you all, having not stayed in the hotel since I was about twelve (11 years ago now, damn) was debating taking my other half for the weekend and staying in the main hotel like I used to as a kid.

Honest opinions on condition of the hotel? Am I going to have my childhood memories of amazement and wonder crushed in front of my rose tinted eyes, or will it be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prepare yourself for utter disappointment... you may then only be slightly less sad and despondent when you check out

I thought that would be the answer :( do they at least still have the pirate ship centre piece and the giant fountain statue when you drive in?

I thought that would be the answer :( do they at least still have the pirate ship centre piece and the giant fountain statue when you drive in?

Yes they do.

And it's not that bad.

@bluesonichd has not forgiven them for messing up his booking in 2019 so he always says everything is worse than it is, despite actually wanting to stay there a few months back.

Yes they do.

And it's not that bad.

@bluesonichd has not forgiven them for messing up his booking in 2019 so he always says everything is worse than it is, despite actually wanting to stay there a few months back.

I remember that.... overbooked room or something wasn’t it?

I’m glad there still there, very fond memories of hours driving to get there and see the fountain and know it was a world of adventure ahead, hopefully it’ll give my other half the same feeling ahah.

Is it worth spending the extra for suite rooms still or?

Visually the hotel will not have changed a lot since you last visit, it may just seem a little more dated in place, although all of the rooms to at least have new bathrooms which are an improvement.

You may however notice that the quality of the breakfast has gone downhill dramatically.

Visually the hotel will not have changed a lot since you last visit, it may just seem a little more dated in place, although all of the rooms to at least have new bathrooms which are an improvement.

You may however notice that the quality of the breakfast has gone downhill dramatically.

Schweeet! I can deal with dated, as long as the feel is still there!

I don’t remember much about the breakfast last time I stayed and only done day visits since then.

From what I can tell food in general has gone downhill dramatically though, and to be fair, the offerings on park are not the greatest either. Not horrific by theme park standards, but definetely not as good as they used to be.

Braces for a bad breakfast, can the same be said for evening meals? Is it worth making a might stop at RR?