• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

The queues look concerningly quiet for half term today. Nothing above 70 mins? I expected rides like smiler to reach 150

Waited 90 minutes for a 13 night ride yesterday. They kept making announcements about it not being able to operate in the rain. All it did was make me nervous that we weren’t going to get on after waiting so long. We did get on in the end though, no rain to be seen. Queue didn’t move for ages at one point, I think it was because they were letting all the fast tracks on in case it did rain.

Waited about 70 min for a wickerman night ride, the peasant line moves so much faster after closing time when there’s no more fast track.

The queues were consistently long yesterday. We delayed getting there to miss the morning's heavy rain, but there was little respite from the queues until well after dark. We ended up only missing out on Rita as the 13 queue never really abated and so after that we needed to hot foot it over to FV for a last ride on Nemesis and finished with Galactica. There's usually a few times where queues for one or another ride drop to 15/20 mins for a spell, but that never really happened.

The fast track situation is getting worse. The box office stated sold out by soon after midday - and, judging by the long FT queues for most rides, they'd sold loads of these. We only buy FT's for WM in advance - but even these had really restricted times available for the evening when I went to buy them, as so many people must snaffle them up. I always feel annoyed at myself for being part of the FT problem but, without doing that, we lose over 2 hours of what is already to tight a timeframe for the day, and that's two extra rides (one Scarefest a few years ago we didn't get FT's and only got on 5 rides all day in over 10 hours - 2.5 hours was queing for Wicker)
And this is why I don't go to Alton Towers any more. They let too many people in for the amount of rides they have. They sell too many fast tracks and there are far too many people using disabled access.

It will be even worse next year without Nemesis.

Last time I went I managed 7 rides all day with one short stop for food . So about 20 minutes riding and 20 minutes eating food, then the rest of the day stood in a queue.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Waited 90 minutes for a 13 night ride yesterday. They kept making announcements about it not being able to operate in the rain. All it did was make me nervous that we weren’t going to get on after waiting so long. We did get on in the end though, no rain to be seen. Queue didn’t move for ages at one point, I think it was because they were letting all the fast tracks on in case it did rain.

Waited about 70 min for a wickerman night ride, the peasant line moves so much faster after closing time when there’s no more fast track.
How have the queues been today for you?

Is the single rider queue for Smiler still a thing? Could have sworn it was being used on Friday.

Is the single rider queue for Smiler still a thing? Could have sworn it was being used on Friday.
Yeah I used it last week, first thing after opening main queue was 90 mins, single rider was basically walk on.

Absolute no brainer to use it then and we would have done had my 8yr old not been a bit too nervous to sit alone. He did ride it though which I think is ace for his age. Granted not many his age are tall enough tbf but still think it's brave.

Also he said Nemmy was the best ride on park (he's been taught well) but interestingly Galactica was his second favourite.

How have the queues been today for you?
On the way home now, we decided against staying till close today, yesterday was enough. Queues have been relentlessly long most of the day. They weren’t too bad early this morning but it’s gradually gotten busier as lunchtime approached. I think a lot of people were waiting to see what the weather was going to do as rain was forecast but we’ve only had a few small drizzles in the end. I’ve only been on two rides today: RMT and the carousel. I’ve never ridden so few rides on a towers visit but it was partly my decision as I didn’t want to spend too long away from my family as we were celebrating a birthday. RMT first thing we got on the second train and carousel was walk on when we went on it.

The other half and eldest queued about 50 minutes for 13 this morning. I didn’t have it in me to spend an hour or more queueing for the big rides although I could have gone on single rider smiler, it seems to have had a few breakdowns today. We mainly focussed on doing trick o treat town which was brilliantly done to be fair, my kids both got 10+ packs of sweets each and the experience itself was really well done. Even driving school had a queue this afternoon, then it broke down for a few hours before the kids could get on so we gave up on that.

Overall very busy, I did expect it so it wasn’t really a surprise. But they seriously need more flats and things to do for kids who are too old for CBeebies but not big enough for the 1.2 offerings in the park. Big gap there that needs plugging but I’ve been thinking that all season.

Last edited:
The queues look concerningly quiet for half term today. Nothing above 70 mins? I expected rides like smiler to reach 150
Queues got up to 90mins according to the app yesterday. There were a few closures but seemed fairly short lived. Although its half term some areas also had a week off last week, plus the extended opening times for scarefest help spread the load.

I checked ride times and is said Smiler was 120 min, 5 min later, it said 60 min. So that was weird...
Not really they do this all the time. The app queue times have always done this and have always been just a rough guide, hence why a separate thread was created for those who seem to want to discuss them for some reason unbeknownst to me. It's always been just an app that gives an approximation of crowd levels for each ride.