• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

That picture probably doesn't tell the true story - I'd find it very unlikely that there is that amount outside the entrance queuing if the entire queueline around the lift hill is open. I suspect some of the queueline is closed off.

Very much hoping that attraction availability is a lot better next year with 2 new/refreshed dark rides, and (can’t believe I’m saying this) the retro squad helping out (we know we’re not gonna get permanent flats so they’ll have to do again)

It does seem this season you’ll be very lucky to look at the app or queue boards and not find a closed attraction. But that doesn’t help when the likes of TH13TEEN will shut if there is a second of rain. Just be thankful we’ve had warm weather this scarefest.
I was under the impression they'd fixed thirteen's rain problem?

Indeed, they could really do without these problems. I mean I'm having nightmares about next years scarefest/fireworks when all the rides are knackered from a hard season without nemesis and they are all breaking down. They really are going to have capacity problems, unless they find some new attractions with big throughputs quick.

Not even rain, on Monday the slightest bit of drizzle and it was closing. Don’t see the point of it opening on days when any precipitation is forecast really. Those people waiting in hour long queues told to leave and come back later really isn’t fair.
Well they can't give complimentary fastrack anymore as they already oversell it

Well they can't give complimentary fastrack anymore as they already oversell it
Which is another difference from Chessington. We got to the front of the queue for Rattle Snake and it broke down. They evacuated the queue and handed out a card to our group that was then dated and signed by the manager for us to use at any ride later in the day.

I still feel like they should do this at Alton Towers as it's just rude after you've lost so much time waiting to be told 'bad luck, try again later'. I see why they didn't want the old exit passes anymore (as they were being handed out by ride staff to their mates or saved by enthusiasts for end of season), but surely they can hand out signed and dated cards like they did at Chessington.