• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Waited about 95 for Smiler. Probs wasn't worth it considering how many times I've been on it this year but was good to enjoy the experience with others when I usually just use single rider

Not ideal considering it being the last weekend of Scarefest for night rides but Wicker Man says "Closed Today" on the app, wonder what's happening?

Not ideal considering it being the last weekend of Scarefest for night rides but Wicker Man says "Closed Today" on the app, wonder what's happening?
Looks like it's packed up a week early lol. Still it's better than a whole month like it was with smiler last year

That's fair enough, but I reckon it was down for track replacement during TPW's July vlog, it seems quite frequent that it needs track replacement?

That's fair enough, but I reckon it was down for track replacement during TPW's July vlog, it seems quite frequent that it needs track replacement?
All woodies need frequent maintenance and track replacement, much more than steel coasters.

Just moved the above posts from the Wicker Man topic. Until there is any form of confirmation as to WM being closed other than it shows as such on the app, then this is the appropriate place for discussion. Thanks!

I'll be absolutely gutted if wickerman is shut on Monday it's our first scarefest and we've been hyping up how good wickerman will be in the dark all year

Edit: sorry just saw the post above

Nemmy is very busy today, probably because she's closing next week!

Nemmy1.jpgnemmy2.jpg

She's on one train too apparently.

(pics provided by a friend who's on-park and with posted with permission)
Is it back on 2 now? Queue has dropped a fair bit to what it would typically be on 2 trains

Nemmy is very busy today, probably because she's closing next week!

Nemmy1.jpgnemmy2.jpg

She's on one train too apparently.

(pics provided by a friend who's on-park and with posted with permission)
I’d wager that Nemesis being on one train would be a larger reason for it being so busy than its closure… 1 train Nemesis gets 600pph on a good dispatch, so it would be the lowest throughput coaster of the big 7, by my reckoning.

But hang on, Oblivion is on reduced capacity as well? As in one station? It does sound like the park are struggling maintenance-wise if that’s the case… Oblivion on one station also only hits around 600pph. 600pph is still solid for 1 station, mind you, but it usually hits at least 900pph when on 2, from my experience.

And by “gone”, do we reckon they mean that Wicker Man’s lift chain has snapped or something? Or could the motor have packed up? Wicker’s lift hill has always been oddly problematic… I remember it did that thing a few years back where it kept whacking down really hard and making funny noises just before it shut for about 3 weeks. I’m probably not describing that very well, but I definitely remember the ride having had at least one lift hill related closure in the past.

I’d wager that Nemesis being on one train would be a larger reason for it being so busy than its closure… 1 train Nemesis gets 600pph on a good dispatch, so it would be the lowest throughput coaster of the big 7, by my reckoning.

But hang on, Oblivion is on reduced capacity as well? As in one station? It does sound like the park are struggling maintenance-wise if that’s the case… Oblivion on one station also only hits around 600pph. 600pph is still solid for 1 station, mind you, but it usually hits at least 900pph when on 2, from my experience.

And by “gone”, do we reckon they mean that Wicker Man’s lift chain has snapped or something? Or could the motor have packed up? Wicker’s lift hill has always been oddly problematic… I remember it did that thing a few years back where it kept whacking down really hard and making funny noises just before it shut for about 3 weeks. I’m probably not describing that very well, but I definitely remember the ride having had at least one lift hill related closure in the past.
Oblivion on reduced capacity most likely refers to the end seats still being out of use.

I was just scrolling the app out of curiosity to see if Wicker Man fast track is available to purchase, as I’d imagine you wouldn’t be able to buy it if it was going to be closed. It can be purchased for Halloween, so maybe that’s good for anyone visiting. Noticed as I was scrolling to click on Wicker Man’s page on the individual fast track bar that Oblivion is down for opening at 11am, and it even states so for whatever reason. I hope this isn’t a trial for the return of staggered openings in the future. 😬

I was just scrolling the app out of curiosity to see if Wicker Man fast track is available to purchase, as I’d imagine you wouldn’t be able to buy it if it was going to be closed. It can be purchased for Halloween, so maybe that’s good for anyone visiting. Noticed as I was scrolling to click on Wicker Man’s page on the individual fast track bar that Oblivion is down for opening at 11am, and it even states so for whatever reason. I hope this isn’t a trial for the return of staggered openings in the future. 😬
Perhaps staggered openings are a necessity due to maintenance issues? It would certainly be a good way of ensuring more consistent ride availability, in fairness.