• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

It is very busy tbf. Your lowest thrill queues are 40 minutes for Spinjam and Galactica. Even Twistatron is 60 minutes, Sub-Terra 85; etc. Even Marauder’s Mayhem is 20 minutes. One of the busiest days this year for sure so far.

I think the current system of blackout days needs to be relooked at to even out guest numbers around bank holidays. Perhaps the blackout calendar should have different dates for theme parks and midways.

I think the current system of blackout days needs to be relooked at to even out guest numbers around bank holidays. Perhaps the blackout calendar should have different dates for theme parks and midways.
It's to sell more platinum passes and atleast the guest satisfaction for the full paying guests and families on those days will be higher if it's less rammed a lot of which will be people experiencing the place for their first time too, atleast that's the way I see it.

It was certainly busier today than yesterday in terms of the number of guests on park, operationally today was generally a better day with less downtime which i think offset the difference in the queues.
Most queues still longer than anything I'd care to join.

Was on park yesterday for first time in few weeks and I noticed that queue times were a bit inflated on some rides. In terms of queue times compared to actual waits:
Smiler- advertised 40 waited 35
Oblivion- advertised 20 waited 15
Th13teen- advertised 10 waited 5
Spinball- advertised 10 waited 5
Wicker man- advertised 40 waited 15
Galactica- advertised 40 waited 30
Sub-terra- advertised 45 waited 20
So overall some queues were fairly accurate and some were way off.

Was on park yesterday for first time in few weeks and I noticed that queue times were a bit inflated on some rides. In terms of queue times compared to actual waits:
Smiler- advertised 40 waited 35
Oblivion- advertised 20 waited 15
Th13teen- advertised 10 waited 5
Spinball- advertised 10 waited 5
Wicker man- advertised 40 waited 15
Galactica- advertised 40 waited 30
Sub-terra- advertised 45 waited 20
So overall some queues were fairly accurate and some were way off.
I normally avoid this thread like I do exercise, but other than Sub Terra and Wickerman, I wouldn't call 5-10 mins "inflated". More margin of error.

Sorry, I disagree.
If some of the estimated times were underestimates, then you might be right.
But when every last time is overestimated, I would say they are using overestimates as a fasttrack promoter.
Wickerman...nearly three times overestimated, on one of the headline rides...funny that.
Sad Terry...25 minutes less than the estimated time...
Very big margin of error, always in the same direction...but sus.

There is definitely not any policy of inflating queues at ATR to.promote fastrack.

Fastrack is heavily capped. Indeed, due to the fact RAP volume has ballooned many times over in recent years, Fastrack quotas have been reduced.

For balance, I could point to a WM queue last Saturday that said 40. We waited 55.

I'm sure there wouldn't be anything as evidential as an actual policy...but I remain convinced that queuetimes are occassionally massaged, especially on off peak days, to promote additional spend.
Lots of years of experience on the matter, entrance queuetimes are very frequently overestimated, rarely underestimated.

It surprises me that they can't count everyone that joins the queue, divide it by the hourly throughput and then you have an accurate queue time. They must know averagely how many dispatches they get through, thus giving the throughput figure. They just need some automated system that counts every time people walk into the queue line. They would need one for those exiting the queue after entering too and removing people when they board. For example, they calculate there's 1274 people in the queue for Wicker man, divide by 1080 (45 dispatches when ride is operating at best) then that's a queue time of 70.77 mins so they could just say 70 mins. Can't be difficult to count surely there's the technology to do it

It surprises me that they can't count everyone that joins the queue, divide it by the hourly throughput and then you have an accurate queue time. They must know averagely how many dispatches they get through, thus giving the throughput figure. They just need some automated system that counts every time people walk into the queue line. They would need one for those exiting the queue after entering too and removing people when they board. For example, they calculate there's 1274 people in the queue for Wicker man, divide by 1080 (45 dispatches when ride is operating at best) then that's a queue time of 70.77 mins so they could just say 70 mins. Can't be difficult to count surely there's the technology to do it

Throughout isn’t stable, it fluctuates too much for this sort of simple calculation.

I want last Thursday and the queue lines were bad I think this time it was to over crowded and to busy for me may not go back only got on 4 big rides

There is a lot of psychology when it comes to queuing. Tell someone it will be a 30 min queue it’s a nice surprise if it’s only 20.

Not all roads lead back to wanting to sell more fastrack.
Not sure how queue times are set these days, but back in 2000s we used to eyeball the queue and set the sign at the entrance. Sometimes you weren't quite sure so would apply exactly this logic and overestimate it.

My thought process was people would be happier if it was less than advertised, rather than waiting longer.

Didn’t they use a Bluetooth system not long ago too via the app that took wait times from people entering and then exiting the queue to determine the current wait times? Sounds a great idea on paper but I’m sure it had many issues.