• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Fear not, there is a way to view them on the app, if you go to the map, then click the list option in the left hand corner it will show all the rides and attractions and queue time. Just not in any real order. You can also filter type of ride on the right.
Potential oversight perhaps? If so I can see that functionality going too when they realise they haven’t switched it off in the list view.

How does Queuetimes.com get its data? Is there an API direct from the app or is there another source?

Potential oversight perhaps? If so I can see that functionality going too when they realise they haven’t switched it off in the list view.

How does Queuetimes.com get its data? Is there an API direct from the app or is there another source?
people at the park can send their wait times into the site

Generally they are collected through APIs, this mostly works but sometimes the ride name is lost so it displays a number until fixed.

I know we all make fun of people looking at queue times when they’re not actually at the park but It’s a bit annoying they’ve done this as sometimes it’s handy to check out queue times when you’re on your way to the parks (if you’re heading in after 10 obviously). Makes it easier to plan where to go first.

Fear not, there is a way to view them on the app, if you go to the map, then click the list option in the left hand corner it will show all the rides and attractions and queue time. Just not in any real order. You can also filter type of ride on the right.
Am I being daft as I couldn't see this?

I've disabled auto update for the apps on my phone. They never update unless I click them either so looks like I'll be able to see queues still. As for why they've done it, you can assume it's to hide poor availability that people have complained about all season. Bit embarrassing that it's resulted to towers trying to hide their availability because they know how poor its been. Typical towers tbh. It's not a Merlin problem either as Towers is the worst run out of the merlin parks by far.

Last edited:
I've disabled auto update for the apps on my phone. They never update unless I click them either so looks like I'll be able to see queues still. As for why they've done it, you can assume it's to hide poor availability that people have complained about all season. Bit embarrassing that it's resulted to towers trying to hide their availability because they know how poor its been. Typical towers tbh. It's not a Merlin problem either as Towers is the worst run out of the merlin parks by far.

It’s not uncommon though, Europa Park geo-lock their queue times on the app.

It’s not uncommon though, Europa Park geo-lock their queue times on the app.
Why do parks do it though? What do they gain from it? It doesn't matter who can see queue times surely. There's no logical reason to hide them

Why do parks do it though? What do they gain from it? It doesn't matter who can see queue times surely. There's no logical reason to hide them
Equally why would people not at the parks need to see the queue times? There is no logical reason to show them. Queue times are relevant to those guests at the theme park.