• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Not sure whether this was best posted here or in the quick questions topic, but as it’s related to queue times I’ll keep it here!

I was just wondering whether or not the park have a set ride count which they deem acceptable based on operating hours and whether or not a day is on peak, off peak or super on peak from a guest services point of view.

For example, on a super-peak august day where the park is open 10-7, does the park have a minimum acceptable ride count of say 7 rides, and if guests complain that they ridden less than 7 due to unacceptably long queue times, they then issue a refund or free fast tracks?

I appreciate it must be very complicated and subjective in managing guest expectations. If for example you can only visit once per year in august, you’ll no doubt think that only getting on 7 rides may be a rip off, whereas if you are lucky enough to be able to visit 3 or 4 times a year, you might think that 7 rides on a super peak day is actually a very successful day on park.

Do you really want me to go into details about how difficult it is to pee tidily without a - uhm - hose?
Mindy Kaling Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Not sure whether this was best posted here or in the quick questions topic, but as it’s related to queue times I’ll keep it here!

I was just wondering whether or not the park have a set ride count which they deem acceptable based on operating hours and whether or not a day is on peak, off peak or super on peak from a guest services point of view.

For example, on a super-peak august day where the park is open 10-7, does the park have a minimum acceptable ride count of say 7 rides, and if guests complain that they ridden less than 7 due to unacceptably long queue times, they then issue a refund or free fast tracks?

I appreciate it must be very complicated and subjective in managing guest expectations. If for example you can only visit once per year in august, you’ll no doubt think that only getting on 7 rides may be a rip off, whereas if you are lucky enough to be able to visit 3 or 4 times a year, you might think that 7 rides on a super peak day is actually a very successful day on park.
Interesting question. And to answer it no I don't think they do. If a guest complains saying they've only done x amount of rides then it's difficult for staff to judge if that's a low number or average one. It all comes down to the expectation of each individual. If you rock upto towers on a busy day expecting to do lots of rides, then you'll inevitably leave frustrated and disappointed. The more realistic you are the better your day will be. If you're pessimistic and think 'worse case scenario' then you'll likely have a much better day as you're going in with low expectations which are easier to beat

Do you really want me to go into details about how difficult it is to pee tidily without a - uhm - hose?
In brief...no!
But...there is nobody to see you for miles if you go beyond the middle of the gardens...just make sure you are directly under the skyride.

Go Set Go Treetop Thing or whatever it’s called these days topped the queues today I believe, whereas Oblivion failed to get close. Rip the worlds first dive coaster out I say and stick another Premier Rides powered coaster in, because it’s clearly more popular.

Throughput is key.