• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Bank holiday weekends are usually fairly quiet, partly because people tend to do other things during Easter and partly because people assume the park will be busy so don’t go.
Interesting. I have it stuck in my head that theme parks are always heaving over bank holidays after visiting legoland on a bank holiday as a child and it being ridiculously busy.

It’s often the same, I always remember we used to base our southern meets around the august bank holiday, and Thorpe park being completely dead on the Monday.

People just think theme parks will be busy so don’t visit. It will be a lot busier last week and this week.

Found Bank Holidays quiet for years now. Was surprised though that Saturday wasn't overly busy either; Usually find that day to be quiet busy over a bank holiday weekend. Waited just under 20 minutes for Wicker Man at around 1pm (advertised at 25). Though took just as long to get off as it broke down and we were sat in the brake run for ages :D

The blackout may also be one of the reasons why they are quiet of course?

As mentioned, bank holidays have historically been quiet.

This year is the first when they have been blackout dates on the more highly priced passes.

Have to admit after seeing how Easter was, we have discussed it for next year ! As it falls around the same time for 2023

How busy can we expect it to be 2nd and 3rd of June for the Jubilee. I assume because it's also half term in a lot of places it might be fairly packed? Crowd calendar is saying fairly quiet though unless they've failed to factor some stuff in?

I remember going to towers on the jubilee years back (was it 2012?) and it’s the busiest I’ve ever seen the park. The park were also not prepared in the slightest for the amount of guests who arrived that day. I remember having to park in some over flow car park (where enchanted village is now).

I guess with pre booking they should be more prepared this season. But I think it will be a busy day. As most people will be off work/school/uni and if you aren’t interested in the royals then tourist places like towers will be where they visit.

Jubilee weekend, like all other bank holidays, is an exclusion period for gold merlin passholders and below. It may not be as busy as people think if previous bank holidays this season are anything to go by.

Last edited:
It may be the platinum Jubilee being the excuse for having a bank holiday but will people really care? Will those lucky enough to have the time off work really be celebrating a rich bird being queen for so long and thus spend the weekend waving mini union jack's in their gardens or will they be out doing fun stuff? I guess we'll soon find out!

It may be the platinum Jubilee being the excuse for having a bank holiday but will people really care? Will those lucky enough to have the time off work really be celebrating a rich bird being queen for so long and thus spend the weekend waving mini union jack's in their gardens or will they be out doing fun stuff? I guess we'll soon find out!
I know my mum is intending to hold something on one of the days to celebrate the Jubilee, but I know we’re certainly not dedicating the full 4 days to it.

And it should be taken into account here that my mum and wider family are quite pro-Royal compared to other people; those who are more apathetic towards the Royal Family may well not care at all about the Jubilee. In which case, I’d imagine Towers could get busy.

Nope, I'll be at Phantasialand!

Is it me, or is the park an absolute ghost town today? Nothing in Thrills has a queue apart from Galactica, Rita and Thirteen, which top out at 10 minutes, and it’s a similar story in Family, with only Gangsta Granny and a couple of CBeebies rides having a queue at all.