• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

It was busy today but I still managed to get on smiler x2, wickerman x2 and nemesis x3. Nemesis was practically walk on for the last hour or so despite saying 25min queues on the app. I thought we did alright considering how busy it was and making the conscious choice to queue 90 mins for smiler twice. The point where smiler’s queue merges with rap and fast track is absolute chaos, it’s the reason the main queue has such long waiting times imo. Thought wickerman operations were as smooth as butter today. Queued 20 mins for the first ride despite 40min advertised time around lunchtime and with 3 trains and operators who seem know what they’re doing the queue really does get eaten fast.

It was busy today but I still managed to get on smiler x2, wickerman x2 and nemesis x3. Nemesis was practically walk on for the last hour or so despite saying 25min queues on the app. I thought we did alright considering how busy it was and making the conscious choice to queue 90 mins for smiler twice. The point where smiler’s queue merges with rap and fast track is absolute chaos, it’s the reason the main queue has such long waiting times imo. Thought wickerman operations were as smooth as butter today. Queued 20 mins for the first ride despite 40min advertised time around lunchtime and with 3 trains and operators who seem know what they’re doing the queue really does get eaten fast.
We managed to get 8 rides in today. Big 7 plus a reride on nemmy. This is the order we got on them and how long we waited:
Wicker man 80
Smiler 90
Oblivion 35
Th13teen 70
Nemesis 40
Rita 30
Galactica 40
Nemesis 0
We'd already bought food with us and had it in the queue so somehow got round all the 7 coasters. Felt rushed to say the least

Last edited:
Waiting 90 mins and 80 mins for rides you've done loads of times must be annoying as hell. Fair play to you guys.

I can't wait that long for a ride these days unless it's maybe brand new or one of the best rides in the world.
Well the person I was with hadn't been for years so I didn't mind waiting. I also enjoy being able to observe operations for the rides I'm waiting for. For smiler I counted 47 trains go round in an hour and for wicker man 44. That's a throughput of 752pph for smiler and 1056 WM. Yes that's assuming all seats are filled which won't be the case but it gives a good indication as to the throughput gap for the rides. WM gets through 304 more per hour judging by those dispatch figures. And it is now that I truly appreciate what members on here say about the difference throughput can make. The queue for WM was genuinely massive, but thanks to slick operations on 3 trains it wasnt too bad. Smiler queue didn't seem as busy but took longer due to capacity difference. It felt like it was moving much slower than WM. So based on those throughput figures there were approximately 1408 people in the 80 min queue for WM and 1128 for 90 min queue for smiler

Last edited:
The number of people queueing would only be accurate if there was no FT or RAP, the actual numbers will be significantly less that calculated.
That's a good point I wasn't thinking about other queue lines. Still WM main queue would've had more people waiting in it than smiler despite taking 10 mins less

Out of interest @Ethan, how far back in the WM queue were you waiting for it to be an 80 minute wait? From my experience, even being only just within the queue line (extensions excluded) is a fair amount under an hour when it's on 3 trains and 1,000pph+ (perhaps 45 minutes or so, at a guess?), so I can imagine that an 80 minute queue would have taken up a fair amount of the extensions, possibly even bursted out onto the plaza!

Out of interest @Ethan, how far back in the WM queue were you waiting for it to be an 80 minute wait? From my experience, even being only just within the queue line (extensions excluded) is a fair amount under an hour when it's on 3 trains and 1,000pph+ (perhaps 45 minutes or so, at a guess?), so I can imagine that an 80 minute queue would have taken up a fair amount of the extensions, possibly even bursted out onto the plaza!
About 3/5 of the extension was full. From the start of the main queue section it took about 50 mins. The extended bit felt like it was moving slower than the main part

Waiting 90 mins and 80 mins for rides you've done loads of times must be annoying as hell. Fair play to you guys.

I can't wait that long for a ride these days unless it's maybe brand new or one of the best rides in the world.
To be fair I’d only done Smiler once before today and my other half did it for the first time today, loved it and wanted to do it again so I didn’t mind so much as a one off, the second wait tested my patience a little as there was a period of time where it felt like the queue didn’t move for ages, but we made our choice and knew what we were getting into after the first time. I don’t think I’ll be rushing to wait that long twice in a day for Smiler again though, maybe once during a visit but the queue line makes me feel a bit claustrophobic, unusual for me. I think it’s because it’s basically a cage.

The issue with the smiler currently is that its only running on 3 trains so the fact they've brought back the baggage hold hasn't made much difference as having 3 trains with baggage hold is barely any better than what 4 trains is without baggage hold. Really hoping they get the 4th train back in use soon

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a stark divide between highest and lowest queue times… everything in Thrills is on 0, apart from Smiler and Wicker Man on 60.

And apart from a select few family rides with big queues, everything in Family is on 0 too… bizarre.