• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Not sure why Sea Life or The Gardens do, but the Monorail (and I assume Sky Ride when it opens) will be handy, as I always dislike having to guess for SR when it has a long queue.
How can the gardens even have a queue time you can walk in freely there's no queue line🤣 they should just keep it on there but remove the queue time

The way the monorails are labelled could cause confusion to some guests.

Monorail - entrance plaza for example is going from the entrance to the car park, not the other way around as it might appear at first glance.
Although its fairly normal to label stations with where they are, not where they are going. But I can also see why it could be confusing!

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the throughput for Get set go is? The queue for it is always so long

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the throughput for Get set go is? The queue for it is always so long
It’s very very low. My mate wanted to go on it on our trip last week as he grew up going on the ride when it was nutty squirrel. So we decided to queue like 30 mins for it lol.

There were 3 cars running on it and each car takes a max of 2/3 people. Considering the ride time is over 2 minutes you’re looking at a throughput of less than 180 people per hour. If i’ve done my maths right and gotten the numbers correct…

I'm sure there wouldn't be anything as evidential as an actual policy...but I remain convinced that queuetimes are occassionally massaged, especially on off peak days, to promote additional spend.
Lots of years of experience on the matter, entrance queuetimes are very frequently overestimated, rarely underestimated.

I’m convinced that this is a thing at Disney as I went on Rise of the Resistance 3 times with a queue time in excess of an hour and all 3 were walk on.

Not sure it goes on at AT though to be honest.

Queue time estimations seem to be a bit off at the moment. I'll go through the estimated and reality for the coasters I did this week.
Wicker man- Said 85 was 112
Rita- Said 60 was 40
Th13teen- Said 40 was 15
Oblivion- Said 80 was 44
Spinball- Said 45 was 38 (most accurate one)
Galactica- Said 90 was 53
So on the whole queues are being overstated, some a lot more than others. Wicker man I waited longer for but tbf I knew it would be longer from where the queue started

I don’t think staff have a clue these days on queue times.

Due to RAP and FT being so up and down, nobody actually knows how long a main queue is anymore.

Back in 2007 when I worked on park, it was easy.
it is much more complex to try to work out now, as well as the actual rate that the queue moves can change for a number of reasons, i have had long but fast moving queues on wickerman some times but also short slow moving queues on it as well

I don’t think staff have a clue these days on queue times.

Due to RAP and FT being so up and down, nobody actually knows how long a main queue is anymore.

Back in 2007 when I worked on park, it was easy.
I've personally seen a lot more fastrack this year than ever before. I'm convinced they're purposely inflating queue times to encourage fastrack sales. That in my opinion is wrong on so many levels but I think it's becoming more obvious that that's why they are so off with queues. Queues will never be bang on but the estimations have been the worst this year in a long time.

I wonder if it would be possible for the park to even out school trips more across term time to avoid days like this. The one theme park trip I had at school was to Chessington in early October (2012 I think) and the place was dead.

It's not so much the park but the schools. They want their student to go as end of school year treats.

They could offer incentives I guess. But I don't think that will change the vast majority of schools who want it as an end of year treat.

Typical Daily Fail clickbait, but it does highlight what we all know is true - ride reliability at the moment just sucks. If the rides didn't break down as much as they do the School Trip peak days would be able to cope - just.