• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

With the way technology is nowadays, I’ll admit to being surprised that the parks still haven’t been able to employ some kind of accurate system for estimating queue times.

I imagine that some kind of sensor-based system that counted net entry into and out of all three queue lines (Main Queue, Fastrack and RAP), accounted for set ratios of Main Queue:Fastrack:RAP and considered the throughput being attained on the ride to work out the overall queue time estimate shouldn’t be too complicated to implement (in theory).

That would ensure that queue times were mostly estimated correctly, assuming a roughly consistent rate of dispatches and discounting any occurrences such as breakdowns.

ye queue times seem massively off at times. Mine Train showing 30 but whole queue full and spilling out the entrance and around the corner towards Gloomy Wood way. Curse at Alton Manor, stating 15 or 25 but actually walk on.

Attempted a second go on Smiler Single Rider late afternoon but was impossible to get too as the fastrack queue was spilling out the entrance down to Oblivion.

Wickerman end of day was 25 instead of advertised 45 but that is always like that at end of day anyway. Only other ride I bothered with was Oblivion both times the 20 minute estimate was double to actual wait 😂

With the way technology is nowadays, I’ll admit to being surprised that the parks still haven’t been able to employ some kind of accurate system for estimating queue times.

I imagine that some kind of sensor-based system that counted net entry into and out of all three queue lines (Main Queue, Fastrack and RAP), accounted for set ratios of Main Queue:Fastrack:RAP and considered the throughput being attained on the ride to work out the overall queue time estimate shouldn’t be too complicated to implement (in theory).

That would ensure that queue times were mostly estimated correctly, assuming a roughly consistent rate of dispatches and discounting any occurrences such as breakdowns.
I hunk EP and possibly Phantasialand use a system like that with sensors.

I hunk EP and possibly Phantasialand use a system like that with sensors.
Might be done with Bluetooth. Bit of an educated guess, but the reason I'm making it is because when I was working at Manchester Airport, staff working in the security area were asked to turn Bluetooth off if they had their phones on them so as to get a more accurate average queue time figure.

Might be done with Bluetooth. Bit of an educated guess, but the reason I'm making it is because when I was working at Manchester Airport, staff working in the security area were asked to turn Bluetooth off if they had their phones on them so as to get a more accurate average queue time figure.
Towers system used to use Bluetooth, not sure if it still does, as they added loads of black boxes dotted around queues and the park, which were all linked to people using the app. It’s also how they would send notifications if you got near rides or queues were big.