• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know it's only running 1 station but how have we reached a situation where Galactica is getting queues of over an hour during the week? I don't think that's ever happened before, certainly not in recent years, even though 1 station operation has been the norm for ages.

Galactica ops were particularly slow on Monday. It seemed they had to recheck multiple seats on every train all day.

We
I know it's only running 1 station but how have we reached a situation where Galactica is getting queues of over an hour during the week? I don't think that's ever happened before, certainly not in recent years, even though 1 station operation has been the norm for ages.
When I went on it today, it was on 2 trains 1 Station. It was stated 40 but I waited around 50. Not too bad but not great either. It certainly is proving to be as popular as ever, and with it being on 1 station, they really should consider going onto 2 to improve the throughput

I plan on getting The Smiler, TH13TEEN, Rita, Galactica and Nemesis hopefully done in the first 70-90 minutes on Friday so can hopefully avoid The Smiler and Galactica's understated times.

EDIT: I've seen Oblivion hopping between an advertised 30 and 50 minutes all day - did you manage to figure out what it's actual wait is?
Oblivion was stated at 25 mins and I waited 10 last week

Well I got on 5 rides today and this is how long I waited in comparison to the stated time:
Smiler- Advertised 60 waited 70
Oblivion- Advertised 40 waited 30
Wicker man- Advertised 45 waited 40
Nemesis- Advertised 30 waited 15
Galactica- Advertised 40 waited 50

Well I got on 5 rides today and this is how long I waited in comparison to the stated time:
Smiler- Advertised 60 waited 70
Oblivion- Advertised 40 waited 30
Wicker man- Advertised 45 waited 40
Nemesis- Advertised 30 waited 15
Galactica- Advertised 40 waited 50
A few of those queue times are making me a little nervous for when I visit in a couple of weeks mid week. Is it half term for some schools at the moment?

A few of those queue times are making me a little nervous for when I visit in a couple of weeks mid week. Is it half term for some schools at the moment?
No it isn't thats next week it's just getting naturally busier - I'm expecting moderately busy tomorrow but not too over the top.

My area's (Sheffield) half term is next week. Not sure about other areas.

Last week of term, year 11 & 13 exams finishing, In Service days (or whatever they call them these days) for some schools tomorrow, first week of a new and quite comprehensive event with Mardi Gras. Park opening hours and ride capacity should've been planned in advance as all this information is in the public domain.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It's beyond me why they don't start filling the trains on Wicker man and th13teen. Social distancing on a 2 minute ride is pointless when people aren't doing it in a queue which is 1+ hours. So you can stand next to someone in the queue but have to sit apart on the ride. Makes no sense

It's beyond me why they don't start filling the trains on Wicker man and th13teen. Social distancing on a 2 minute ride is pointless when people aren't doing it in a queue which is 1+ hours. So you can stand next to someone in the queue but have to sit apart on the ride. Makes no sense
People aren't doing it in queues through their own ignorance. They still should be doing it.

Alton Towers have direct control over distancing on a ride. Alton Towers only have indirect control over distancing in a queue and this then comes down to personal responsibility.

Alton Towers have direct control over distancing on a ride. Alton Towers only have indirect control over distancing in a queue and this then comes down to personal responsibility.
They are doing as much as they can though, with constant clear, straight-to-the-point announcements. Got to give that to them. :)

What I don't understand is how they're getting through the queues so quickly. I queued from under the marmaliser yesterday and it took 70 mins, even though there was literally no social distancing whatsoever. Go back to pre covid and from there it'd probably take 100 mins. They also used to fill the trains back then so how can it take less time when they arent filling the trains? Someone please explain that to me

What I don't understand is how they're getting through the queues so quickly. I queued from under the marmaliser yesterday and it took 70 mins, even though there was literally no social distancing whatsoever. Go back to pre covid and from there it'd probably take 100 mins. They also used to fill the trains back then so how can it take less time when they arent filling the trains? Someone please explain that to me
Less FastTrack and RAP on a weekday probably.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.