• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
With no time for entertainment, Dungeons or family rides. Having an event on is the main factor for me, today should be 6pm close. 10-5 is perfectly reasonable in normal times, no event and off peak. But today, it isn't.

and there is actually several simple things that could make the event feel better without changing ride close time. Doing a 5pm or 5.30 show on the lawns. Bringing all the mardi gras performers back to Towers St at 5.30 too so there is a sort of exit parade/carnival.

and there is actually several simple things that could make the event feel better without changing ride close time. Doing a 5pm or 5.30 show on the lawns. Bringing all the mardi gras performers back to Towers St at 5.30 too so there is a sort of exit parade/carnival.
I'll give you that one, that is true. Even if the rides are shut the park is still technically open if they're serving beer, food and entertaining people on a summers evening. Certainly makes in worth while going.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

If the food street outlets had been placed on the lawns instead of in a dead spot and a late show or two had been run (as you've suggested) then the event would have a far better atmosphere without extending opening hours further - the food outlets would make a killing after 5pm as well with people eating their dinner before leaving the park.

You see the park do read the threads on towers street! Ride close has been extended to 5:30pm. Bareing in mind this date was originally supposed to be a 4pm close, I think credit goes to the park for extending it further

You see the park do read the threads on towers street!

Well I wouldn't go that far! Whilst I like the thought of park management reading my incessant moaning, they're probably doing this because of the queues and down time today. I also think their hands are full today and won't be spending precious time reading what we're all saying. Neither should they really.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hasn’t been the greatest on park today ..... galactica area closed Thirteen closed most of the day. Numerous smaller issues. Rap Queues kicking off that they are waiting longer than the main Queue...

Galactica seems to be having a lot of issues recently it almost makes me wonder if it's heading for a major downtime.

On most rides at Universal they are outside the queue. But for velocicoaster they put them in the queue and then the exit route takes you past the other side to collect belongings.
Here is a video

There might be better videos if you search for them!

That’s a better way, I’m trying not to spoil it for myself for when I hopefully go in January.

I think people need to step back and take a moment with hours. Alton don't aim for guests to ride everything. The target is something like 8 rides per guest. More than achievable today unless you just want to ride the busiest 3 rides.

Today was originally a 10-5. The park itself opened at 9.15. Some rides open slightly before 10. Then they extended to 5.30. Tomorrow is now 6. It wasn't so long ago that 6 was considered late. Next week is all 8.

It's really not bad.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I think people need to step back and take a moment with hours. Alton don't aim for guests to ride everything. The target is something like 8 rides per guest. More than achievable today unless you just want to ride the busiest 3 rides.

Today was originally a 10-5. The park itself opened at 9.15. Some rides open slightly before 10. Then they extended to 5.30. Tomorrow is now 6. It wasn't so long ago that 6 was considered late. Next week is all 8.

It's really not bad.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Tomorrow is 7?

I’ll be keeping tabs on advertised wait times and actual wait times today to try and help indicate possible times for next week for people! Will also try and get my thoughts on rides/the visit up later tonight but failing that I’ll do it tomorrow. Here’s to a (hopefully) good day! Hope you have a good one @Matt.GC!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.