• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The "hell" of which people speak is actually the reason Alton Towers is a theme park. If it was walk on bliss each day, you'd have a failing park with no events nor investment. A busy park = a successful park.

Back in the 1990s I remember waiting 2 hours for Black Hole.

Just sayin'

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

No Dan i get it, my partner just doesn't deal well with crowds/people. So we originally booked a 2 night mid week stay for this week pre Mardi-Gras thinking the park wouldn't be to busy....

I find the main issue is staff holding queues at the FastRap merge points literally waiting for people to come along when the main queue could be left flowing. Yesterday the lad working Galactica literally held the queue for 5 mins at a time, so frustrating.

I find the main issue is staff holding queues at the FastRap merge points literally waiting for people to come along when the main queue could be left flowing. Yesterday the lad working Galactica literally held the queue for 5 mins at a time, so frustrating.
They always do that with Galactica

They hold main queue at merge to minimise the wait for FT, same as on Nemesis. The old SRQ was recently repurposed as a fully wheelchair accessible RAP entrance so now when it's running 2 stations RAP guests can go straight to the right-hand station without having to stop at merge. Merge host then only has to worry about main queue and FT. It also guarantees SRQ will never return on Galactica but there we are.

I don't know how it works with just one station in use though. It always used to be the left station that was used as that was the only one with wheelchair access. I've not seen it running 1 station since they changed the access so can't comment on that. However they do it, it'll be a slow queue if one 1 station - it doesn't take many FT & RAP users to restrict main queue to just a couple of rows on each train

I have seen it run on the right station only in the past when there's somthing wrong with the left station.
I remember once when RAP entered via the left station, that one was down due to an over-heating issue and the right station was the only one in use. They took 1 group of RAP at a time across the right station, through the exit gates and into the left station.

Well, yes, sometimes either station may be temporarily out of use for technical reasons but that's out of their hands. I'm only talking about when the ride is run on low capacity to cut costs. In these circumstances, they'd generally use the left station for accessibility reasons.

Well, yes, sometimes either station may be temporarily out of use for technical reasons but that's out of their hands. I'm only talking about when the ride is run on low capacity to cut costs. In these circumstances, they'd generally use the left station for accessibility reasons.
When they first started using the old single rider line for RAP that one was used for ambulant disabled and the original ramp was used for guests in wheelchairs I think.

@Danscott22 and @Matt.GC how have the queues been today in terms of accuracy. Have the advertised waits been fairly accurate
Did Smiler, Thirteen, Rita, Galactica and Nemesis in the first 70 minutes so can’t comment on smiler as we did it first so for the rest of the rides I’ll put the advertised time and then the actual waiting time in brackets
Thirteen 5 (5)
Rita 0 (5)
Galactica 0 (5)
Nemesis (5) (5)
The Blade (5) (5)
Duel 0 (0)
Rapids 15 (15)
Duel 5 (5)
Battle Galleons 15 (20)
Wicker Man 70 (85)
Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango 15 (5)
Hex 20 (30)
Oblivion 45 (30) this should’ve been 15 but they took a shuttle off which resulted in a 15 min delay brining it up to 30 mins
Mixtape 45 (0)
Enterprise 20 (0)
*Skyride 5 min*
Nemesis 5 (5)
Thirteen 35 (20)
Wicker Man 50 (20)

all in all a super successful day as you can see! We were in the queue for Funk’n’Fly but were evacuated people kept walking past us saying a screw had fallen out which I fully believe because they were frantically looking for something. It opened when we left the area and then when we were back took the sky ride to get on it but it was closed again resulting in the second go on Nemmy.

FFF has some kick to it even though it looks tame and Mixtape is so so good I wish they’d get a permanent smashing jump! Tired though!

Sorry the double post but yes I’ll second the fact it was uncomfortably busy on most pathways at most times. Also tried @Matt.GC garden walk trick I genuinely can’t believe it only takes 5 from DF to FV on that route but it really does!

Did Smiler, Thirteen, Rita, Galactica and Nemesis in the first 70 minutes so can’t comment on smiler as we did it first so for the rest of the rides I’ll put the advertised time and then the actual waiting time in brackets
Thirteen 5 (5)
Rita 0 (5)
Galactica 0 (5)
Nemesis (5) (5)
The Blade (5) (5)
Duel 0 (0)
Rapids 15 (15)
Duel 5 (5)
Battle Galleons 15 (20)
Wicker Man 70 (85)
Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango 15 (5)
Hex 20 (30)
Oblivion 45 (30) this should’ve been 15 but they took a shuttle off which resulted in a 15 min delay brining it up to 30 mins
Mixtape 45 (0)
Enterprise 20 (0)
*Skyride 5 min*
Nemesis 5 (5)
Thirteen 35 (20)
Wicker Man 50 (20)

all in all a super successful day as you can see! We were in the queue for Funk’n’Fly but were evacuated people kept walking past us saying a screw had fallen out which I fully believe because they were frantically looking for something. It opened when we left the area and then when we were back took the sky ride to get on it but it was closed again resulting in the second go on Nemmy.

FFF has some kick to it even though it looks tame and Mixtape is so so good I wish they’d get a permanent smashing jump! Tired though!
Very successful day then really! Told you going to smiler first was a good move it got upto 90 mins at one point apparently

Also some of the 1 way routes are a pain so my Daughter is 90cm. We queued 1 h to get into-day in the hotel queue, only 1 staff member scanning, think there were 2 scanning last year on that gate.

Anyway our plan today was Duel, RMT, Mutiny bay.

now i hadn't really thought about the hassle that the one way routes would bring ... duel ok walk to wicker-man back to RMT then needing to walk back to Duel and round again to Mutiny Bay what a waste of time and effort ....

I also made a very unwise decision to go on Battle Galleons today, lets just say I made some enemys whilst queuing.... they hung around after there ride to get there own back on us. Forgot how wet you can actually get.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.