General Queue Times Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, 12th Apr 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andeyhart

andeyhart TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I think it's just one of those things sadly. Whether the season's operations have been good or not good - and I think this season the operations have been good for the most part - there's always those odd days where the technical problems seem to pop up everywhere and all day long. Frustrating obviously.

Aside from Wicker Man though, nothing has been down all day I don't think. But I'm glad I'm not there.

Skyscraper likes this.
  2. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

I think Alton have a lot to thank the smiler and th13teen today. 2 of the most popular rides and have put a shift in to make up for other ride downtime. I don't even think either of them have broken down today

NuttySquirrel and Skyscraper like this.
  3. themeparkfan

themeparkfan TowersStreet Member

The problem that annoyed me was the staff weren't honest with the people in the queue on gg my wife was in queue for nearly 2 hours before the staff realised it wasn't working and announced it. Perhaps training is needed work out if a ride is:
    A) working - operate the ride.
    B) broken- call maintenance to fix and inform queue

4. andeyhart

andeyhart TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Th13teen was down a bit earlier. Only Smiler and Nemesis appear to have been working all day.

5. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    The Smiler was down temporarily - Nemesis is the only one of the Big 7 which has operated all day without going down.

Skyscraper and NuttySquirrel like this.
  6. Danscott22

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Galactica could easily be on 3 crafts, it wouldn’t be abnormal for it to be on 2 hours as The Smiler, Thirteen and Rita all have been today.

Skyscraper likes this.
  7. NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel TowersStreet Member

Sounds pretty basic doesn't it? Having said that, if it was that simple, I don't think we'd've ever had the Smiler Incident.

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. themeparkfan

Well 6pm and its between GG and galactica for longest queue. My moneys on galactica as can use that exit for quick get-away after 9

Skyscraper likes this.
  9. Ethan

Down to 40 now haha so I think k your bet was wrong!

10. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Currently, the longest thrill ride queue is Thirteen at 70 minutes.

GG is still sitting on 100.

Skyscraper likes this.
  11. themeparkfan

Yes I admit defeat however just joined "60 minute " Smiler queue. That ain't 60 minutes by a long shot I reckon at least 90 and plenty joining queue.

12. Ethan

Well nemesis says 30 but apparently it's only like 5 so are you sure you don't wanna leave that queue and head to FB haha

Skyscraper likes this.
  13. themeparkfan

Well quick jump to 90 minutes what's going on? Probably to deter people joining queue

Ethan likes this.
  14. themeparkfan

Looking like plenty of people staying to the bitter end if I get off smiler in time might just get to join GG queue after all Thank goodness for this forum to keep me entertained in queue lines today 10 hours and 5 rides. Trip advisor here I come when I get home. Although might get time in GG queue to write review 100 mins will be enough just about.

Ethan likes this.
  15. Ethan

How long have you waited for each ride?

16. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

how do you know it wasn’t working fine for one hour 55 minutes and then it broke?

17. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Right, but that's true at parks across the world, yet seemingly there is something in the Merlin machine whether it be cost, process or something else that means their complex pieces of engineering spend more time shut than the equivalents at other parks.

Even Six Flags at their worst typically have a B&M inverted or flyer run consistently for 12 hours a day. If you're a theme park, it's your bread and butter. I would wager Wicker Man has had more full day closures in its relatively short tenure than some GCIs three or four times its age.

Adding the flat rides to help the rides per day KPI is all very interesting, but doing so and then having your headline people eaters closed means you might as well not have bothered.

Matt.GC, Skyscraper, MaxPower and 3 others like this.
  18. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Personally, I am not about to cloud the general reliability levels at ATR with today alone.

Today was clearly a very, very bad day. This is not typical.

If it's the same every day for the next week, then let's start to look at trends. But for now, hopefully it was just a bad case.

Skyscraper likes this.
  19. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Friend of mine went to Thorpe on Sunday and he said the queues were horrendous with the majority of the main rides closed for most of the morning with only colossus and nemesis inferno open. He managed just a few rides and was well fed up.

Point is that Thorpe are renowned for poor reliability whereas to be fair to Alton, it’s pretty rare to visit and have so many rides down like they did today.

What would be useful in the app is a button next to each closed ride which you can click and you would get a push notification when the ride reopens so people know the rides are available once again.

Matt.GC and AstroDan like this.
  20. Danscott22

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Speaking of app notifications, does anyone remember when you could click on a ride tab and tell the app to alert you when that rides queue had dropped below the time you selected? I always thought that was a pretty nice feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.