• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My, Wicker Man is now on 180 minutes! The park must be busy today! Although I suppose Smiler is closed, so I’m assuming whoever left the Smiler queue may have filtered to the other big, popular ride.

I see TS has a representative on park today (at least, they have someone posting Facebook updates); does it feel very busy?
How can wicker man possibly get that long before hitting capacity! Is it on 2 trains, or is there just a lot of fastrack and RAP

How can wicker man possibly get that long before hitting capacity! Is it on 2 trains, or is there just a lot of fastrack and RAP
WM has a surprising amount of queue line! I remember it stretched into Haunted Hollow at points last year, so there’s clearly space for lots of people to queue for it!
EDIT: Wicker Man is now down to 160 minutes.

WM has a surprising amount of queue line! I remember it stretched into Haunted Hollow at points last year, so there’s clearly space for lots of people to queue for it!
EDIT: Wicker Man is now down to 160 minutes.
I can't remember the last time wicker man was 3 hours. Must've been opening year

Interestingly, the rides almost seem to be taking turns to break down; Smiler has reopened, but Nemesis has now closed! How coincidental that just as one reopens, the other shuts!

Thirteen is also at capacity.

Interestingly, the rides almost seem to be taking turns to break down; Smiler has reopened, but Nemesis has now closed! How coincidental that just as one reopens, the other shuts!

Thirteen is also at capacity.
Interesting how they've just stated Th13teen at closed rather than showing the queue time. Maybe people still thought the queue was open

Would the queue be half that though if it were not for Covid restrictions. Is it a case of too many people in the park or just the fact the trains aren’t full?

Would the queue be half that though if it were not for Covid restrictions. Is it a case of too many people in the park or just the fact the trains aren’t full?
It's the newest most popular ride, also some other rides had downtime and its half-term and the hottest day of the year so far, its going to be a busy day no matter what.

It's the newest most popular ride, also some other rides had downtime and its half-term and the hottest day of the year so far, its going to be a busy day no matter what.
There's a difference between expecting it to be busy and the queue being 3 hours hahaha.

Well I've only seen it on opening year and not since so I would say its unexpected

I think at the time it hit three hours The Smiler was also closed which meant there was a lot of people not in the Smiler queue, therefore pushing other queues longer.

With it's current capacity issue because of Coronavirus, I'm not surprised in the slightest it hit 180 minutes. Guests who were on park yesterday could also be on park again, and obviously it was closed yesterday, so that probably doesn't help the amount of people wanting to ride today.

Is it still hot and sunny up in Alton at the moment? Because with Battle Galleons on an 80 minute queue and Congo River Rapids on a 110 minute queue, water rides would certainly seem to be in high demand this afternoon!

I only ask because it’s now started raining here in Gloucestershire…

In terms of other rides, WM and Rita are on 120 minutes, Thirteen is at capacity on 110, Smiler is on 110 and Gangsta Granny is on 100, just to give an idea on some of the longest ones. The only rides currently closed are Roller Disco and Peter Rabbit, as well as Justin’s House due to government guidance.

The reason for WM’s long queues is apparently because only 2 trains are in operation, in case anybody was wondering.

Maybe there’s some kind of problem with the 3rd, and that’s why the ride has been shut?

The reason for WM’s long queues is apparently because only 2 trains are in operation, in case anybody was wondering.

Maybe there’s some kind of problem with the 3rd, and that’s why the ride has been shut?
I knew it. Well I didn't but I presumed!

I'm only 50 minutes or so away from Towers and it's baking here! Imagine waiting 110 minutes for the Rapids to find out you're gonna be disappointed when you don't get wet. 80 minutes is ridiculous for Battle Galleons but at least you know you'd get a cooling off! We were soaked before we even got on the ride on Friday because of the nature of the queue line!

I believe that both BG and the rapids are currently loading 1 group per boat, resulting in severely reduced capacity - both are probably running at less than half of the theoretical capacity.

They are - it's affecting Battle Galleons more I'd say, because the loading and unloading process is so slow. We waited 20 minutes just at the top of the final set of steps on Friday.

Well BG is a lower capacity ride to begin with, so the queue will be slower than the rapids queue, but each is losing the same proportion of the total capacity.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.