• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Presumably because students won’t be back at uni, and adults might take annual leave to attend Oktoberfest.
I am one of those adults taking annual leave but I booked it well before I knew it was the first Friday of Oktoberfest. Oh well, some single rider queues I think. Which rides have single rider queues again?

Kids are still in school and don't drink beer, why will it be busier?

More people will want to visit on a 10-7 day compared to a 10-5 day.
People generally prefer to visit on a Friday compared to Tue/Wed/Thur.
Any event will attract more people than nothing special taking place.
You don't need to drink beer to appreciate a bank playing Oompah music.

I am one of those adults taking annual leave but I booked it well before I knew it was the first Friday of Oktoberfest. Oh well, some single rider queues I think. Which rides have single rider queues again?
Just the smiler unfortunately. Got a couple of goes on it today in the space of 20 mins so not too bad bareing in mind the main queue was 50

Just the smiler unfortunately. Got a couple of goes on it today in the space of 20 mins so not too bad bareing in mind the main queue was 50
Spinball takes single riders up the exit during peak times I think, or at least used to.

Day 3 of the Smiler's opening season I rocked up to X Sector at about 11am and the queue was 3hrs. Walked down to the single rider entrance and to my amazement it didn't look too busy so decided to give it a go. I got on the ride twice within 35 mins. Absolute result.

Sat next to a Dad and his teenage daughter on the first ride who had queued all morning when I told them I had waited 15 mins he didn't seem too happy with me. Hahahahaha
Worth a go!

The queue on Saturday was 80 minutes, the i used Single Rider and it was about 20.

Longest queue time is 40 mins for smiler with 3 thrill rides closed and most at 0. This is what September should look like and I'm very excited!!
Told ya. Even if this does end up being a busier September than normal, summer holidays should never be used as a comparison. Much busier than normal, is still only moderate when it comes to September week days.

I think we’ll definitely see queue times increase once Oktoberfest begins, especially Fridays through to Sundays. The reason why Alton Towers choose to put an event on in what is historically their quietest period is to increase attendance which in turns increases revenue. It won’t be August busy, but I think it’ll be unrealistic to expect 5 minute queues on Oktoberfest weekends.

I think we’ll definitely see queue times increase once Oktoberfest begins, especially Fridays through to Sundays. The reason why Alton Towers choose to put an event on in what is historically their quietest period is to increase attendance which in turns increases revenue. It won’t be August busy, but I think it’ll be unrealistic to expect 5 minute queues on Oktoberfest weekends.
I'm still holding on to hope that the Friday will be quieter than the Saturday and Sunday just because people need to take time off work for it. Either way, I still think we'll be able to get on most things as long as they all have good uptime.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.