• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Typos/Grammatical Errors Thread

Is that Europa-Park? I've noticed lots of small things like that over the years, but at least they have the excuse that English isn't their first or even second language

Is that Europa-Park? I've noticed lots of small things like that over the years, but at least they have the excuse that English isn't their first or even second language
I put it in the wrong topic. It is Europa, and the errors are now in the General Grammatical Errors topic. Sorry.

IMG_20230808_184052.jpg
Found on Astro Storm at Brean.

Not sure if this counts as a typo/grammatical error but...

1705503845106.png

Signs which have appeared on the streets of York have left some people in the city baffled and bewildered and prompted a storm on social media.

The boards, which read, "Exercise Obtundity", left some unsure whether they were being given an instruction or a warning.

One visitor quipped "someone's been playing scrabble by the look of it".

The truth, however, is the obscure word - meaning "to deaden" - is the name of a police-led training exercise.

Not sure if this counts as a typo/grammatical error but...

1705503845106.png

Signs which have appeared on the streets of York have left some people in the city baffled and bewildered and prompted a storm on social media.

The boards, which read, "Exercise Obtundity", left some unsure whether they were being given an instruction or a warning.

One visitor quipped "someone's been playing scrabble by the look of it".

The truth, however, is the obscure word - meaning "to deaden" - is the name of a police-led training exercise.
If it’s anywhere like where I work, exercises are named from a pre approved list of weird names… obviously the more exercises you run, the more obscure the names get. I would have thought the EXERCISE OBTUNDITY should’ve been in caps to show it’s an exercise - but that might just be where I work that does that.