• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Grand Prix cars at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Hello, Does anybody have any photos or video or any information in general that they'd like to share about the petrol powered grand prix cars at Blackpool Pleasure beach. I think the ride is still there but the cars are now electric. The petrol cars were removed in 2003 I think but started operating in the 1960s so Im told. I only ask as Ive bought an old car and would like to see a picture of it in action. Thanks Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I could probably dig out a couple of photos of the petrol powered GP cars sometime. Surely there’ll be some online anyway? They were far superior to those they have now. They killed off the ride really removing the petrol cars. They were blooming loud, and really good fun. Are you gonna share the picture of your car ?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-veh...go-kart-buggy-man-cave-memrobillia/1315702978

Ive searched all over the internet and not been able to find anything really, just a 30 second video of one owned privately on youtube.

The person I bought it off told me her dad bought the lot in 2003 most of them were sold on but were destroyed in a fire at a warehouse where they were being kept. Im told that only 2 or 3 remain.

PS i didn't pay anything near the asking price lol

There is some footage of the GP on the old BPB series about 7 minutes 20 second's on.

Also some more about a minute in here. This one is also worth a watch for other old footage, including the Log Flume, Water Chute, pretty gated entry, Monster and if you look really closely you can see how quick the Avalanche used to send the trains!