• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Grand Theft Auto Five

Re: GTA V

Danny said:
I'm not that excited by this, but I thought it was worth a mentioning. The official box art and cover will be revealed this month.

I am presuming (and hoping) it will look like the other GTA games with the random scenes on the front.

Poison Tom 96 said:
Anyway, one thing I hope they don't do is include Kinect in the Xbox version of this game, I fear it would kill it completely.

Danny said:
The official box art and cover will be revealed this month.

I am praying for no "Better with Kinect" label like with Dead Space 3, c'mon Rockstar, you know better.

I think kinect fetures from need for speed would be good like shouting change view while being chased to see where they are

Coastermaster said:
I think kinect fetures from need for speed would be good like shouting change view while being chased to see where they are

Aren't you a bit young to play GTA?

Eddie said:
Coastermaster said:

Aren't you a bit young to play GTA?

I could ask you the same question ;)

I know seven year old's who play GTA! And before you say me I'm thirteen! ;)

Isn't GTA rated 18?
"Oh no, these violent video games are making kids violent! Won't somebody think of the children?"
"Stop buying your children adult rated games then."

I've been playing GTA games for years, and I've just realised that this will be the first one that I can actually go into a shop and buy myself... Is that bad? :p

No Josh, it's the same case for myself. I've been playing GTA for over 11 years, and I'm finally glad I can grab a copy myself :p

No more secretly ordering online so my parents don't find out! I can now do whatever I want! Haha :p

I envy you two....been playing GTA since San Andreas came out but still can't go and buy myself a copy :(

Good news, we have a release date at long last. Bad news, it's been delayed. Until September.

p6awa5W9tr3cra9UWUsw.jpg

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,
The GTA Team

Games are often be delayed. Its always good to see a game get delayed because it shows the developer and publisher are more interested in quality then money.

[/valve apologist]

With the announcement of the ps4 a few days ago, how does this fare for the sales of gta V... I assume it's being made for the ps4 and maybe even the Xbox 720?

RustyRider said:
With the announcement of the ps4 a few days ago, how does this fare for the sales of gta V... I assume it's being made for the ps4 and maybe even the Xbox 720?

PS4 is being rumoured for November, GTA comes out in September. Unless they delay it again, (which would not amuse gamers) it will most likely be on schedule. Rockstar don't normally let their fans down, so unless a second delay is to accommodate for the PS4. I highly doubt the sales would be tampered that much. The game must be too far into development to quickly start again on the PS4 before September. Pre-orders are already being taken, marketing has the seventh gen consoles slapped all over them. So I highly doubt it will be delayed if it even will be for the PS4 (surely Rockstar would of wanted to announce it at it's launch) and Microsoft has a policy with multi-platform games that they all must be released on the other consoles at the same time. See Rayman Legends.

Unless the rumoured Wii U and PC versions in the works need more time (which I highly doubt it) then it should still launch in December and the game can easily be streamed by the PS4's cloud storage anyway so there is no need for ports.

RustyRider said:

It'll be released for both. Thing is not every PS3 user will convert to the PS4 straight away some may hold on for up to a year until they have the money so to stop them from missing out on sales they'll release it for PS3 and with the PS4 not being backwards compatible I'd hazard a bet that they'll release it on that too.

I don't think anyone ever needs question if GTA V will sell the fact is it will it's GTA.

Ten new screenshots have surfaced :) Here's just a couple:

261313_10151587248790097_583920799_n.jpg

388373_10151587248720097_1301043092_n.jpg

535702_10151587248705097_536965778_n.jpg

544319_10151587248780097_1129909032_n.jpg

The full set can be found here.