• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gravity Group

Sazzle

TS Administrator
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
A bit of an odd topic, I know, but I find this company really quite intriguing. Until tonight the only coaster I could name by them was 'The Voyage' and even then I have to admit to being a little dumb on the subject.

I found a link to a new project that Gravity Group are working on in China (they seem to have a series of coasters either already built or in the process of going vertical within the Happy Valley group), and in the process, stumbled across this - a "high five" element:

SDC12413a-sm.jpg

A duelling coaster where the trains will run simultaneously, creating a 'high-five' effect for riders - AWESOME!

I also had no idea these guys had been going since 2002 - they're 10 this year! Wonder if they'll throw a tenth birthday party...
This linky lists some of their creations, and I'm stupified as to WHY I had no idea about Hades? I knew there was a woodie with a ninety degree bank, but did I know it was created by Gravity Group? Nope - fail. I might not be a fan of wood/steel hybrids, but oh my. I'm a little impressed this time.

I'm ashamed to say I love wood, and am yet so sheltered in the subject :(.

Gravity Group cme across as having innovation and a real passion for what they do, though for me, GCI seem to set a precedence in comfort and standard - the B&M of the woodie world, if you will.

Anyone have any experiences with Gravity Group creations? I'm just wondering how they stand in comparison to other manufacturers, and whether the company have the potential to be (or indeed already are!) serious competition as their portfolio grows.

Ahh the Gravity Group! I'd love to ride one someday, and they recently built their first in Europa: Twister at Grona Lund!

This photo from RCDB of Hades is my favourite photo of anything in the entire world of theme parks and rollercoasters:

03ka892n0o5vkgade001bf.jpg

"Korey Kiepert [of the Gravity Group] poses next to the underground 90 degree banked turn."

Yeah, I like the ideas this company come up with!

As for that high five coaster, I remember discussing it last year or early this year, but then I lost track of it because of various reasons. It looks like an interesting concept.

Also, congratulations to GC on 10 years, and let us hope that they have another ten years, and another, and another.
They are a great company with some unique but great ideas!

I wish them well!

I have nothing to add to this topic other than a rotation of the previous image:

GravGroup.png

This has become confusing now...

In fact, are there any coasters in the UK made by GG?

If not, then we do need one at least as they are meant to be very entertaining experiences.
I wouldn't comlain if we got one!

I presume they focus on woodies, but also make other coasters, which are not as popular.
It would be interesting to see these concepts too!

I wonder what the future holds for this promising company?
Steel? Wooden inversions?

Only time will tell!

It's all about The Voyage's back to back 90 degree banks :D

Have desperately wanted to ride a GG for a good few years now! The Voyage, Ravine Flyer 2 and Hades all look amazing, although I hear they have a tendancy to become very rough and don't age well!

Am I right in thinking that GG were formed from the ashes of CCI?

Wow, this company has no boundaries when creating new rides do they? That 90 degree banked turn looks absolutely bizarre in that photo yet the POV just swooshes past with no trouble at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vuIQQSv-JQ[/youtube]

Though I'd revive this topic to show off this beast of a coaster that GG have apparently built without telling anyone at, err, 'Hot Go Park'. Looks really great, maybe worldwide top 10.

Wow! The speed it carries throughout that layout...at least three decently sized drops too...wondering how comfortable it is though compared with the GCI's like this?

That just keeps going! Looks good without being totally spectacular.

:)

WOW! The speed on that is extraordinary!

Utterly relentless looks fantastic!

I have not ridden any new wooden coasters though, I really need to.