• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gröna Lund: General Discussion

Very interesting layout, I read that they were inspired by dragon challenge. Nice to see that after the first drop it does not go straight into a vertical loop.

Glad to see this coming.

Having done pretty much all the parks I want in Europe, Grona Lund has been stubbornly left till last - and I guess the honest reason is that it's just never quite had the rides to pull me over to Stockholm. This will certainly do that.

:)

Looks fascinating. Hope it gets built.

Sweden have been getting some great rides lately.

Is it just me who thinks that layout looks as dull as a life insurance sales convention held in a coal cellar during a blackout that coincides with a solar eclipse? It's nothing but boring rolls. The best parts of inverts are the tall inversions like loops and cobras.

What's amazing with the inverts is that they've been selling them for about a quarter of a century with the design pretty much unchanged, yet they haven't in dated in any way.

What's amazing with the inverts is that they've been selling them for about a quarter of a century with the design pretty much unchanged, yet they haven't in dated in any way.
I think it's interesting how few they have sold in recent years, I guess a lot of parks who want them already have them (or an SLC...) - but you would think that China may have bought a couple.

Of the two built in the past decade or so, OzIris is a great ride - Banshee is almost too big for its own good, as the inversions get so big, they become less 'snappy' and that's where the fun is for me. It's like the difference between an Invertigo and a Giant Inverted Boomerang - the GIB should be better, but they're not, in my book.

Interesting to see a B&M inverted without a loop, I look forward to riding it.

GIBs are my absolute favourite "off the shelf" coaster, by some margin.

As for this invert, looks very much in the style of "new gen" inverts like Oz Iris and Banshee, slightly more free-flowing and with more custom elements than earlier models. I can't quite get my head round the station though - are they putting it underground?

GIBs are miles better than Invertigos, mostly due to the sheer "i'm gonna die" feeling on the lift hill...

Guess a lot of the unique layout is down to trying to squeeze in as much as possible in and around the area... It'll be fun though and who can turn down another B&M Invert?

Wow, another good looking coaster for Sweden! Looks like a very unusual layout for an invert, totally different to those that currently exist. Think I am right in saying that it would be the first B&M invert without a vertal loop too?

Oh dear, I'll have to go back to a beautiful park in one of the most beautiful cities in the world to ride a new B&M invert. What a shame.

Found this POV on Coasterforce created in NL2 to give people a rough idea of the layout. Honestly it's pretty impressive considering it's based off one photo!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
That really is a great effort considering the limited information that we have about this coaster. Looks pretty good in that POV as well, some nice inversions.

Grona Lund have started work on their B&M Invert, although the ECC are implying that it is now a 2021 project as opposed to 2020:

They're starting very early if it is for 2021.

Good to see it's finally happening! If it needs to open in 2021, then so be it. Just can't wait for it now :D

It has been confirmed that Grona Lund's B&M Invert has been pushed back to 2021. An inversion has also been removed from the layout:

Hopefully this means that they will be using the norman Invert trains as opposed to the ones with stupid vest restraints on Banshee.