• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Happy Anniversary TS!

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
Can't believe it's been a year since I logged on to find "Project Aurora!" Not for one minute did I think that it would develop into the established and slick site we see today, a site that looks as though it could be celebrating its 10th anniversary let alone its first.

I just want to thank Joel, Craig and the TS Team for working so tirelessly to make make this site so great :) Happy birthday ;D

Happy birthday TowersStreet! :D

Having seen a thriving community split, I did worry that neither the old nor new sites would form a new cohesive community. My fears were shown as unfounded within 24 hours.... if anything, the experience has brought TowersStreet closer as a community. OK we might still be smaller, but we have a userbase to be proud of - and that's an achievement for any site, not least one only a year old!

Annnd a 1 and a 2 and a 1234 Happy birthday to you happy birth day to you. Happy bithdat dear TowersStreet! happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!! Well done on what we have achieved over the past year. (Psssttttt.Joel... this is when you shower the forum in confetti)

From TowersStreet News:

It seems like a lifetime ago now, but today we celebrate TowersStreet’s first birthday! Twelve months ago we set out to create a brand new website from scratch dedicated to Alton Towers. A website which first and foremost would have a fun and welcoming community, with the interests of members and readers at its heart. We take a look at the past year along with what we’ve got to come.

Setting up shop
As team member Sazzle recalls, this time last year was a rather manic affair:

We unexpectedly found ourselves setting up a temporary home termed Project Aurora, courtesy of Joel. Before we'd even sat down in the new house, the team spent a further four hours working on a new name, and TowersStreet was born. We as a team had no idea how the community would react to what happened, but we were so very overwhelmed with the response - almost 300 people joined within the first 48 hours of us being live! The team had a lot to do after settling on a name; find a logo (thanks Adam!), settle on a colour scheme, build sub forums, oh.. and... build a website!

Our meets
The team, no matter which website they have worked on have always aimed to make meets a prominent feature of the site, and so it was less than a week later when we had our first 'mini-meet' since creating TowersStreet. Sazzle was amongst the attendees:

Things were as normal as they could be. The community had made it through as strong as ever! The forums were buzzing, the atmosphere was fresh, and the happiness was shining through. Our Official Meets are still growing and are testament to the fact we have such welcoming and passionate members. Our Opening Meet of 2013 totalled in excess of 50, and that was without The Smiler being open! My biggest source of pride from being on the TowersStreet team is not from staring at site statistics, it's from standing in the background on meets and smiling to myself at all the laughter and discussion going on around me.

We've come a long way
There's been a huge amount of work put into TowersStreet in just 365 days. From our exclusive The Smiler competition last year, redesigns to our site and extensive news coverage over the past year, we've achieved far more than we ever thought possible:

- Theme Park and Resort sections of the website launched
- Over 1,000 members and over 73,000 posts on our forums
- Over 1,000 followers on Twitter and over 1,600 likes on Facebook
- Over 5 million pageviews on our website!
That doesn't mean to say we're resting on our laurels though, we have a huge amount of content still to produce, and our work in providing the best website we possibly can for our members will never stop.

Birthday celebrations
There's been a lot going on in recent weeks with the opening of The Smiler, and along with the team's other commitments it's meant we're a little behind on planning for our birthday celebrations. We're aiming to have a month of features and surprises throughout July, but in the meantime we thought we'd whet your appetite with a few tidbits:

Talbot Street Tuesday
So it turns out our Birthday is on a Tuesday, and what a coincidence, Talbot Street Tuesdays also fall on a Tuesday. Squiggles loves a good anniversary and so has been busying himself behind the scenes to prepare an update, not quite like any Talbot Street Tuesday before it. Check back later for an historic update befitting of the big day.

Pin badges
Yes, we're glad to confirm that we've not been ignoring your shouts, screams and general rants for pin badges! We're in the process of arranging a design and supplier for a TowersStreet pin badge. Whilst we're unable to confirm specific information at present, we hope to share details on how to get hold of your very own pin badge at some point next month. Stay tuned to our forums, Facebook and Twitter for further information in the coming weeks.

And much more
Birthdays are no fun without surprises, so we have a few more things up our sleeves which we'll be sharing with you during July.

And finally - thank you!
Whether you post in our forums, contribute content, attend our meets, like us on Facebook or even just browse TowersStreet from time; every single one of you have made and will continue to make TowersStreet what it is. Without your support, we wouldn't have had the drive to make TowerStreet what it is today, or develop it even further in future. And for that, from the whole of the TowersStreet Team we'd like to say a huge THANK YOU.

Here's to many more years to come!

Away from the news article though, I really would like to say to every single person - thank you for helping to put TowersStreet where it is today. Whilst I was confident we'd do well when we made the decision to start afresh last year, there's always that niggling thought at the back of your mind that things might not go to plan. The support we received was absolutely amazing, like nothing we could have ever imagined - and that support has never stopped in the past year.

We're sorry everything we have planned wasn't quite ready for today, but we hope a whole month of new stuff in July will make up for it :). Also, look out for Squiggles's update later on today.

Thanks again everyone - no matter how small of a part you think you've played, you all helped to make a community we can all be proud of :).

Craig said:
We're sorry everything we have planned wasn't quite ready for today, but we hope a whole month of new stuff in July will make up for it :). Also, look out for Squiggles's update later on today.

To be honest, With the site the way it is today. which has Park info, Resort info, news, gallery and ridecount. I and I think the community at large don't worry about it not being up for the 1st birthday of the site, as we know when it come it will be a top quality job, just like the rest of Towers Street web presents.

Happy Birthday :) yay! This is an excuse to get wasted and eat cake right... RIGHT?!

I haven't been a team member since day 1, but I've been a member of the site since it began (4th non team member to sign up...) and it truly has been a fantastic year. Being on the team has been great fun and as Craig has already mentioned, whilst we might not have everything quite ready for today - we do have lots of great stuff coming up for you all as well as some very special stuff from Squiggs too.

So thanks guys, to everyone that reads and posts on this website. Without you all, we wouldn't have TowersStreet - you all make it what it is.

Thank you :)

As if I have to go work instead of celebrating:(. That aside I think everyone will want to join me in saying thankyou for a great first year. Its been so special that it feels longer than a year. We have grown and spreed so much in such a short space of time. Long may it continue and I look forward to seeing where the future takes this amazing site.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's amazing how much TowersStreet has grown in just a year. The community on here is brilliant and without the chunk of members that joined this site originally, TowersStreet would have not grown to now become one of the best Alton Towers fansites you can find and one of the first places to go for information and news.

So well done to the team, the members and just everyone who has supported TowersStreet from the start. Now lets keep this running for 9 more years please, I'm already waiting for TS@10 to be announced. ;)

...and oooo, pin badges on there way, shiny, so pretty!

Re: Re: Happy Anniversary TS!

James said:
I think it's amazing how much TowersStreet has grown in just a year. The community on here is brilliant and without the chunk of members that joined this site originally, TowersStreet would have not grown to now become one of the best Alton Towers fansites you can find and one of the first places to go for information and news.

So well done to the team, the members and just everyone who has supported TowersStreet from the start. Now lets keep this running for 9 more years please, I'm already waiting for TS@10 to be announced. ;)

...and oooo, pin badges on there way, shiny, so pretty!

Err a big chunk of it was your doing too thank you very much, so give yourself a pat on the back!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 year old... It grows up so fast! :'(

A big congratulations to everyone involved in the site, especially the team! Who would've known that the few pages originally thrown together would've ended up as this? It's unbelievable how much the site has grown over just one year and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for TowersStreet.

Now, where's that History section of the site? ;)

Well done for one birthday, one little request, can we have a page button which makes confetti fall down the screen?

Happy birthday TowersStreet! It's been an amazing year and the site really has come on a long way. Looking through some sections of the site and the forum you would think TowersStreet is years old!

But the main thing that makes TowersStreet what it is, is you! the TowersStreet visitor! Whether you you post everyday on the forum, nip back every now and then to check out Talbot Street Tuesday on Facebook, only join us for a real life meet or you just come back every few months to check out a guide, its you who we make the site for and its you who make the site what it is!

Happy Birthday TS!

Can remember the day I visited Project Aurora and sat there for ages trying to figure out what I should call myself with this fresh start...

I settled once again for Lord Of Darkness.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS,

Kudos to the whole team for bringing an overall fantastic site and community which is always growing.

A year? Is that it?! Certainly feels much more established and mature than that, congrats to everyone involved. :p