• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Happy Second Birthday Towersstreet!

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Wow, well it's somehow been two whole years since the start of TowersStreet which is quite incredible! I think that is worthy of a topic. It's amazing how the site and community has developed over that time, I'm not sure anyone could have expected it all to have been as successful as it has. 1,454 members in two years isn't bad going at all!

Thanks to the team for all the work that has been put in over the last couple of years, but also to everyone else as without the community the site, forum and meets are nothing!

Now, where's that big cake we should all be getting... :p

:)

All hail TS! The team and community show the very best of the rollercoaster community spirit.

Even though I am absent, I expect people to toast to it on the weekend.

Happy Birthday Towers street, two years down and hopefully thats just the beginning!

Happy birthday TS!

Heres my present for you all:...
tumblr_mbt5i6hdZR1rulf6lo1_500.jpg

Oh and for the odd few straight guys:...
ew.jpg

Well it's safe to say we've come a long way from back in 2012 when we initially launched on the 11th June as "Project Aurora". Yes, there was no sense to the name, but it was a spare domain name Joel had that we could use :p. I was actually having a bit of a look through the chat logs between the team last night, brought back some memories of what was a VERY long day it has to be said. The TowersStreet name was actually thought up just before midnight on the evening of the 11th (11:57pm to be exact - thanks to @Squiggs for the suggestion!) and registered on the 12th June going by UK time. So two birthdays to celebrate ;)

I don't think anyone on the team, past or present will mind me saying that we were apprehensive to say the least in making the jump. At the time, we had our doubts whether we could pull off setting up a new site from scratch, and at the same time keep the same style of community which we knew and loved. Thankfully, 2 years down the line we're still here, with a shiny new forum, a fantastic forum community and meetups which have never been better.

One thing that I'm immensely proud of is that we've stayed true to our roots with meetups. We've purposely tried to keep them informal, and focussed them around the people rather than the rides. Sure we've had the odd added bonuses of behind the scenes tours etc, but at our heart has always been providing a place for like minded people to meet up and have lots of laughs. I and many others over the years have formed amazing friendships for life, so thanks to everyone who has attended meets both now and in the past.

Team members past and present, thanks for working so hard behind the scenes to write some amazing news articles, and to create a site which two years ago we thought was a daunting and nearly impossible task. The site that we have would be nothing either without those that have contributed masses of images, written articles for us and even designed our logo, so a special thanks to you all too.

And to everyone else, you've all had a part to play in making TowersStreet what it is. Whether you've made one post or two thousand posts, you've all done your part. We've got the ever popular South meet this weekend, and with a pub on site at the accommodation we're staying at, we shall be in a very celebratory mood. So as Poisson suggested, we'll be raising a glass or ten to TowersStreet :).

Thanks again everyone, and I'll see those of you who are going at the weekend :D

10462614_698605540209893_977795421871095851_n.png

I can only echo what Craig and others have said really... this place is fantastic and has come so far in two years. I wasn't on the team when it all began, so I (like many others of us) watched in anticipation as the heart of the community we knew and loved upped sticks and moved to a new home called Project Aurora.

The next day, TowersStreet as a name and brand was officially born and we all instantly found our new home. How far the site has grown in that time though... An amazing forum, a feature packed guide to the park and resort, endless meetups, community contributions through photos and YourStreet and much more besides.

I'm very proud to be part of such a dedicated and friendly team who have become such good friends to me since I joined them and the exact same can be said of the community. I love to be part of this wonderful website and have gained some fabulous friends from it too (though I have only met you all once or twice haha!)

Here's to many more years of TowersStreet, who knows what we will do next?! ;)

Thank you all for making this place the amazing website it is <3

Happy Birthday, TowersStreet! :D

I still remember that night two years ago when the site was founded. I was shocked that it had all happened, but in a way, it's been a good thing. The site is fantastic, and the forum is the best I've ever used. When Joel hasn't broken it, that is. :p The new forum, as I've said in the relevant topic, is a big improvement on what was there before, and it's a great early birthday present to the site.

I'd like to thank the Team - past and present - for all their hard work into bringing us this site, and to all the members for contributing in any way that they have. We wouldn't have such an amazing resource without the people behind it to make it possible.

Annoyingly, I won't be at South this weekend to celebrate with you guys, but I shall be there in spirit, and plan on having a few drinks to celebrate this milestone.

Anyway, I think some birthday cake is in order. :p

TowersStreet has been such a huge, personal journey for me. It's permitted me to spread my wings and visit Alton Towers on a frequent basis with like minded people that makes the entire experience much more pleasurable on every level imaginable.

Last year for me was very patchy for reasons known to some, and ultimately I'm more than happy with the way things have turned out because there is no other community I'd rather be a part of. Walking through the queue line for the first time on the opening day of The Smiler was such a momentous occasion, celebrated with Alastair, Al and Elly. Seeing Europa for the first time gradually growing on the horizon on the way from Basel airport was simply incredible, and uncovering the park and the breathtaking resort has provided me with so many unforgettable memories. Every hotel stay with members from the community has been such a laugh [particularly at the good old Weathervane]. From the occasional passing humorous comment, to full blown laughs and joyous moments on meet ups, these memories simply wouldn't be possible without TowersStreet.

The past two years have allowed me to discover who I am, and I will always be proud to be a part of this community. See you all at TS@10? ;)

As for the cake...

Happy birthday and well done to the team and the members for being part of this amazing forum. Everyone on here is nice and friendly and it is without a doubt the best forum I have used.

Here is the cake
SNV30373.JPG
credit to eevvee cakes blogspot

Congratulations to you all. Never thought I'd eventually feel this at home here, made some really genuine fantastic friends along this journey and Alton Towers always feels like an extension of this place nowadays, rather than the other way around.

From very humble beginnings to pulling off a Europe road trip - anyone would deserve credit for that.

I haven't been involved anywhere near as much as I'd like but opening day this year was amazing and fireworks last year truly memorable.

I hope to carry on creating many happy memories and laughs with my friends here. And they're exactly that, genuine friends.

This site has made many people very happy and created fantastic memories. Well done Craig & Joel and everyone involved. They are the most precious gifts you can bestow to anyone.

Congratulations to you all. Never thought I'd eventually feel this at home here, made some really genuine fantastic friends along this journey and Alton Towers always feels like an extension of this place nowadays, rather than the other way around.

From very humble beginnings to pulling off a Europe road trip - anyone would deserve credit for that.

I haven't been involved anywhere near as much as I'd like but opening day this year was amazing and fireworks last year truly memorable.

I hope to carry on creating many happy memories and laughs with my friends here. And they're exactly that, genuine friends.

This site has made many people very happy and created fantastic memories. Well done Craig & Joel and everyone involved. They are the most precious gifts you can bestow to anyone.

Some things however stay the same, including Aston Villa being awful ;)

Off topic but I might get attacked by you all I support leeds

Last edited:
TowerStreet has been only what I can describe as an amazing and eventful journey for me. I have meet so many new people and made so many new amazing friends.

Here's to another 2 years. Happy Birthday.

Reactions: Amy
I have to echo what other people have said. Towers Street has given me friends and confidence. I know I'm not funny and witty like most of you, but I've loved my time with this community. If somebody had tried to tell me a year ago, that this weekend I'd be heading to the South meet without my husband, and staying in a room with 2 people I hadn't met this time last year, I'd never have believed them. It's amazing. Thank you all, and happy birthday Towers Street!