• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Harry & Megs

Jb85

TS Member
I could really go off on a long post here but I can only see this going one way.

My views
1) Meghan is the driving force. And in it for money. No idea about British culture or respect for it
2) Harry had good intentions at first, to stop history repeating itself. Scaringly this seems more likely now then ever.
3) Negative attention has been brought about by themselves.

Charles has done the right thing here by keeping quiet so far.

I get this may be a contravertial topic so play nice but open to discussion and other people's views.

Megan is a woman of mixed race involved with two highly racist, massive British institutions, the monarchy and the "great" British press.
Why should she have respect for a culture that is constantly negative towards her?
What exactly were Harry's "good intentions"?
Marrying the woman he loved, and protecting her from the press that killed his mother?
The queen didn't have any waiting on staff "of colour" for a great many years, despite having back room staff from the "Commonwealth".
Her husband was a blatant racist, but allowances were made for his "overstepping the mark".
Why exactly?
The problems and issues within our great royal family have been exposed for the whole world to see, and the world wasn't in the least bit surprised.
Viva la revolution!

Edit, my wife has just puked, and doesn't like me playing devil's advocate!

When it comes to Harry and Megan my opinion is that we can speculate on this and that but we’ll never really know for a fact what was actually said by the various people in private conversations between them or how the various incidents might have occurred. None of us were flies on the wall to see any of what happened behind closed doors.

Harry and Megan have their side of the story, the Royal family have their side (but choose to say very little publicly), and the media have their own take and narrative that they use to sell their product. As for me I’m like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn’t be surprised if Charles and/or William had said some racist and offensive things and I also wouldn’t be surprised if others in the Royal households and circle had also said or done things that were racist in nature, perhaps overtly and perhaps in some cases even unintentionally in ignorance. I’d also assume that the Royal Family is by nature a very difficult institution for someone that is an outsider (for want of a better term) to fit in to. Someone that was born in to a family that moved in those circles may well have been been more prepared for all the customs, culture, and protocol of integrating themselves in to such as institution. That’s probably one of the various reasons why Royalty over the years across Europe have been so keen to marry their cousins and keep it in the family as it were. So really it should be no surprise unfortunately that Meghan found it so difficult to be integrated in to the Royal Family but good luck to them for deciding to walk away and lead a different life for themselves. But really when it comes to all this being played out in the media you’ve got three sides all protecting their own interests, but as I say, none of us will ever really know the full facts about it all.

@Dave Not entirely. Women deserve a voice- this isn't about sexism.

I just don't really take to her.

The Royal family are far from perfect, but
I feel she has made little to no effort to embrace our culture.

A culture of throwing others under the bus to protect their fake image? A culture of being cold emotionless and not expressing opinions? A culture of wasting public money and lording over others based on some medieval ideals of a God given right to rule over the commoners? Royal Family are monsters and an outdated backwards institution.
Meghan as an outsider and coloured never stood a chance. Good on them for escaping it. The relentless obsession the press has with them just proves how unhealthy the press / royal family culture is.