• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Out of interest, has Aramark taken over the food at Heide Park and Gardaland, or is it only the UK parks that they’ve taken over?

I only ask because I was watching Theme Park Worldwide’s recent vlog from Heide Park, and they described the food as “absolutely delicious”. They’ve been rather scathing with regard to Aramark’s tenure at Alton Towers in particular, so to hear them speak so positively about Heide’s offering could infer that Aramark maybe hasn’t taken over the European parks yet.

Is this the case, or are Aramark simply providing a different offering at the European parks?

On a side note, I’m very surprised that Heide Park has such a poor reception based on Shawn and Charlotte’s vlog. Obviously you can never truly assess a park until you visit it for yourself, but from their video, I thought it looked pretty decent! The coaster lineup looks extensive and varied, with some good-looking headliners as well as a nice supporting tier, and the theming and presentation look reasonably decent as well, from what I’ve seen. There also look to be quite a few supporting rides, and it looks like a surprisingly big park.

In spite of that, you seemingly never hear a good word said about Heide… what am I missing?

"Absolutely delicious" from a bloke who literally only eats chicken nuggets and dry hot dogs.
They haven’t exactly been complimentary of Aramark and their UK offerings, though, which is why I found it interesting and wondered whether Aramark have taken over the European parks.

They haven’t exactly been complimentary of Aramark and their UK offerings, though, which is why I found it interesting and wondered whether Aramark have taken over the European parks.
Did he mention any price increases? That would be a good indicator as to whether or not Aranark are running it. Also I think Aramark is printed on the receipts, so if that was the case he would have mentioned it.

Regardless - a hot dog is a hot dog.

Did he mention any price increases? That would be a good indicator as to whether or not Aranark are running it. Also I think Aramark is printed on the receipts, so if that was the case he would have mentioned it.

Which foodsellers aren't jacking prices at the moment?

He certainly didn’t mention anything about price increases or Aramark being on the receipt, for what it’s worth.

Maybe Aramark are confined to the UK Merlin properties?

As for the food, I think it was actually pizza that they ate.

Heide Park is half beautiful/half lost place. There are many good locations like the lake and flower beds. On the other hand it is not that difficult to find abandoned places. Round empty stone floors where flat rides once operated. Heide Dorf? Left to rot (only open at Halloween for mazes). Flug der Dämonen sitting on Wildwasserbahn 2. Maya Tal? I don't know how to begin.
It's just sad. The lake location is so good and it seems Merlin doesn't really care. Has ever an Merlin superior visited this park in person?
That's my growing up park. Several visits as a kid. Special place in my heart.

Which foodsellers aren't jacking prices at the moment?
Should have said "significant price increases".

Heide Park is half beautiful/half lost place. There are many good locations like the lake and flower beds. On the other hand it is not that difficult to find abandoned places. Round empty stone floors where flat rides once operated. Heide Dorf? Left to rot (only open at Halloween for mazes). Flug der Dämonen sitting on Wildwasserbahn 2. Maya Tal? I don't know how to begin.
It's just sad. The lake location is so good and it seems Merlin doesn't really care. Has ever an Merlin superior visited this park in person?
That's my growing up park. Several visits as a kid. Special place in my heart.
Admittedly I visited on a very quiet day but it felt completely dead of any atmosphere. Merlin seemed to have sacked any life out of the place.

Was most surprised at how bad the Peppa Pig area was. Thank god Paultons have the rights over here.

Out of interest, has Aramark taken over the food at Heide Park and Gardaland, or is it only the UK parks that they’ve taken over?

The Aramark contract is for Alton Towers, Thorpe, Chessington, Warwick Castle and Legolands Windsor, Florida and New York.

All other Merlin attractions remain in house, including Heide Park.

@Matt N it's a nice enough park but it's hard not to notice the large gaps where rides used to be. The Maya Tal area, as mentioned, was completely useless even being there when I visited the other year - the couple of rides still there weren't even being operated. The area with the rapids is very nice though and you can tell it's very much not a Merlin investment.

I've been to many different theme parks in Germany and Heide (along with probably Movie Park) is one of the only ones that doesn't feel particularly well looked-after or loved.

As best as I can tell, this is the latest release with regards to the Merlin / Aramark partnership which to me would suggest it's only in the UK & US for now, at least.

I remember absolutely nothing about the food at Heide Park (and little about the park itself, to be honest ...) - the best Merlin food by a country mile is for me, at Gardaland. I hope they don't mess with that.

I only ask because I was watching Theme Park Worldwide’s recent vlog from Heide Park, and they described the food as “absolutely delicious”. They’ve been rather scathing with regard to Aramark’s tenure at Alton Towers in particular, so to hear them speak so positively about Heide’s offering could infer that Aramark maybe hasn’t taken over the European parks yet.

Is this the case, or are Aramark simply providing a different offering at the European parks?

On a side note, I’m very surprised that Heide Park has such a poor reception based on Shawn and Charlotte’s vlog. Obviously you can never truly assess a park until you visit it for yourself, but from their video, I thought it looked pretty decent! The coaster lineup looks extensive and varied, with some good-looking headliners as well as a nice supporting tier, and the theming and presentation look reasonably decent as well, from what I’ve seen. There also look to be quite a few supporting rides, and it looks like a surprisingly big park.

In spite of that, you seemingly never hear a good word said about Heide… what am I missing?

I found Heide to be a nice park with a few big issues.

It does have a nice mix of coasters and their wing coaster is more intense than any of the others I have ridden. Krake is perfectly fun and Collosus is very good.

There are huge gaps in the park though where things used to be as Burbs says, it is picturesque in parts however.

If you are in that part of Germany it’s well
worth a visit, but it’s not a destination park like EP or PL.

I remember absolutely nothing about the food at Heide Park (and little about the park itself, to be honest ...) - the best Merlin food by a country mile is for me, at Gardaland. I hope they don't mess with that.
Aye, I loved having to heat up my cold lasagne in a microwave that was in the seating area! Quite ironic that the worst lasagne I've ever had was in Italy.

Note: I am aware that said lasagne is not representative of the food at Gardaland, I chose poorly as they say.

Not yet been to Heide but I guess in any German park you are always going to get some German staples, so it is hard to go wrong there.

A fire has reportedly broken out and the park is currently being evacuated. No further details yet.

F8KTYtSXwAANpKk
F8KTZYhW0AA6Gdy

Images by mino_sono on Twitter.

Nope, it was a former administration building by the entrance. No rides damaged. No guests injured.

Attachments

• heide-park-feuer-brand-flammen-620x350.jpg
    heide-park-feuer-brand-flammen-620x350.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 37