• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Re: Heide Park, Germany

:/

This layout looks really slow, and cumbersome, but isn't that basically what a Wingrider is?

I'm hoping the area is more Raptor like than Swarm.

Judging by that map, they actually aren't using all of that space and looks like they could use more to create a more unique layout.

Rubbish layout, looks too short, and looks too much like Swarm's.

Per metre of track, these are probably amongst the most expensive coasters ever built, if not the most expensive, hence why this and Swarm are as short as they possibly can get away with.

Benzin said:
Of course, there's no actual source for the image, so it could just be made-up...

From Coasterforce

Ethan said:
Omg I'm dying. I posted a mock up layout I made in 20 minutes on Towersstreet and they think it's real...

EC0iO6T.jpg

I should probably say something?

TBH that's something of a relief - hopefully the real layout won't be anywhere near as uninspiring as that.

Something's going down at Heide Park involving Hannes Mairinger, according to Air Timers in this article.

Brief summary:
Mr. Mairinger was terminated without notice.
Now he's trying to get his job back.
On 28 Mai the trial court is held.

Construction on the parks 2014 coaster is stepping up a notch, they've got a far amount of Groundwork done already, and the ride has stared to arrive. Judging by the maintenance bay wheels, I'm pretty confident this is definitely a Wingrider now.

I can't embed any of the pictures on the forum, but here's a construction update from Heide Park World.

Meanwhile, this time last year on The Smiler construction site...

Good to see that they have got thing started nice and early on this, seems they have already done a significant amount of groundwork.

:)

And here's some track!

7082_10151652178585944_752217822_n.jpg

Is this the first Merlin coaster to have non black track? I'm amazed! It's nice to see a coaster built where the layout is completely unknown as well. No Gardaland coaster next year though? ::)

Wow I am amazed! Not only is work well under way, the track is not black, brown or grey. Are Merlin ok? ;)

Wait a minute, Merlin coaster track that's a colour other than Black/Grey?

2173570-impossibru.jpg

I just had a massive flashback to three years ago, when the exact same photo was released of Krake's track, taken from that exact spot.

Also, do we know what the model is? Is it another WingRider? I haven't been following this project. :)

This thing may not be Merlin grey, but it is the same colour scheme as the 3 other coasters in that area of the park.

I've always thought it looked pretty rubbish, especially from across the lake as the 3 rides all blend into one and have no identities of their own.

Seems like Wingriders are all the fashion at the moment. I hope it's not long before they put some motors into the seats and make them 4D!

John said:
This thing may not be Merlin grey, but it is the same colour scheme as the 3 other coasters in that area of the park.

I've always thought it looked pretty rubbish, especially from across the lake as the 3 rides all blend into one and have no identities of their own.

Shares the same colour scheme as two awful Vekomas...

I'd prefer it to be Merlin grey...

I'd want a nice flyer. We need a fancy flyer in Europe, akin to manta, or starry night ripper, but it looks like another wing rider, they really are in fashion.

What do you think of the colour scheme when you know that this area will have a vampire theme?

Ramius said:
What do you think of the colour scheme when you know that this area will have a vampire theme?

damn stupid, surely black or grey would have been better!