• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Re: Heide Park, Germany

I personally would prefer it to be any one of the infinite number of colours between white and black. Heide probably has the coasters with the dullest colour schemes in the world right now.Its skyline could do with a bit of brightening up.

We have track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXcCFov1x0#

Someone over on TheParks has uploaded photos of the track and supports too.

I'm going to be interested to see how the trains will go with this colour scheme. If they are going to be giant bats (probably black in colour as bats typically are at theme parks), having white track green supports might not go so well with darker trains. If the trains are a mixture of pale grey and light brown like many bats are, they might be okay. We'll have to wait and see.

Did I mention how crap this colour scheme looks on everything else painted the same at this park?

The one ride where it makes sense to be dark coloured...

FFS...

1098109_358018930967827_1086807164_n.jpg

Photo from Coaster Club Denmark of the brake run in place!

Edit: Second photo

sxiAydO.jpg

Beautiful quaint area. RUINED. :p

Am I right in saying that we still don't know the layout for this? Construction is going to be intriguing if so to see what exactly unfolds!

:)

BigAl said:
Lift off! :p

14465_360531594049894_1666549426_n.jpg

Photo from CoasterClub Denmark's Facebook.
Hang on, isn't that the building that housed the good flume's station? I.e. the one which was removed? Wonder why they decided to keep the building, and wonder if the station is at all intact inside...

Islander said:
BigAl said:
Lift off! :p

14465_360531594049894_1666549426_n.jpg

Photo from CoasterClub Denmark's Facebook.
Hang on, isn't that the building that housed the good flume's station? I.e. the one which was removed? Wonder why they decided to keep the building, and wonder if the station is at all intact inside...

It means Merlin will not have to pay for theming now. As long as it has one piece of something big then it's themed remember!

How is it that we don't know the layout yet? This is a very intriguing project for sure and the track/support colour combo has some charm. It's probably lost though considering the other rides in the area also share that paint job! More bulk paint orders from Merlin isit? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The layout from above:

214813d1376900614-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-605392611-wingcoaster-heidepark-soltau-k609.jpg

A selection of construction photos, and more importantly a 3D model of the coaster:

http://www.radiohamburg.de/Nachrichten/Deutschland-und-die-Welt/Norddeutschland-kompakt/2013/August/Neue-Achterbahn-Hier-entsteht-ein-Wing-Coaster/achterbahn01a

This coaster looks superb. Great-near misses, a mixture of elements and, most importantly, it looks as if B&M are breaking the stigma of them making boring rides. That last element- a dive-loop and a zero-G- looks absolutely incredible.

That looks like a very interesting layout, far better than The Swarm's. Still, we shall have to wait and see how it rides. If Gatekeeper, the biggest of these winged coaster so far, is described as bland then I reserve all judgement on them all. Hopefully this one is a bit more forceful.

:)

The last double inversion looks wonderful. A little short maybe, but a really interesting layout.

I expect this to be dull and boring. Simply.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I am loving the layout! Trip to Heide Park next year is definitely on the cards! :)

AstroDan said:
I expect this to be dull and boring. Simply.

Totally agree, i think B&M are on a winner here as they all 'look' scary but simply provide a very tame ride.....

We will struggle to see a wing coaster with the intensity of nemesis for instance.

I've now done three wing coasters, Raptor, Swarm and Gatekeeper. As much as Raptor is well landscaped and has loads of near misses, the other two (for the most part) miss the point.

Absolutely loving the look of the new wing coaster.

If you're interested, here is a little recreation to give you a taste. I must say, the inclined pretzel loop element looks and feels wacky simply in NoLimits, I wonder how it'll ride in real life?

EDIT - Link below thanks to Alastair. It messed up :/