• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heidi/Hansa vs Parque Attractiones/WB Madrid?

Wildboy1983

TS Member
I'm looking for a short European trip over August Bank holiday and I can't decide between going to Hansa Park and Heidi Park or Warner Bros Madrid and Park du Attractiones.

I'm leaning more towards Germany but the flights to Hamburg are expensive probably due to lack of competition.

If anyone has been to both I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Sorry I've not done Heide/Hansa (I'm such a bad enthusiast).

I have done the Madrid parks twice though. Would probably reccomend 2 days at Parque Warner and 1 day at Parque de Atracciones. Both can be reached via public transport, there's a subway stop right by the side entrance to PdA for instance. In the two trips the first time I stayed in Pinto were you can get a bus to Parque Warner, the stop is outside Pinto train station.
The second time we stayed in Getafe as it was roughly equidistant between the 2 parks and we got taxis to and from the hotel to the parks, usually cost around €20 which between 4 people was great value.

Parque Warner is great, 3 great coasters, and a hidden gem in Stunt Fall. The shows are worth watching as well, especially the Aquaman one after park close.

Parque de Atracciones has lots of alright rides but nothing that stands out. But it's in a city park so has a great vibe to the place.

Hansa Park is a typical charming German regional park. Karnan is world class and the supporting cast are good too.

Heide Park has lots of coasters but none of them are particularly good apart from Colossos. It feels like Merlin don't give the place a lot of love.

I've done both via trains and they're straightforward enough but take quite a long time to get to.

Either option is good tbf, Madrid trip is worth it for Gotham City Escape alone.

For the August bank holiday I would personally avoid Madrid as the heat in summer can be intolerable - 40°C during the day is not unusual and the queue lines at both parks are not great for shade so you will be standing in the baking heat for long periods of time. It depends on your individual heat tolerance, but the human body isn't really designed to be subjected to extreme forces at those sorts of temperatures.

I went to both Heide Park and Warner a few years back but can’t really comment on Hansa & Attraciones. If I was to go again, it would be Warner just for Gotham. Plus Madrid is a great city with plenty to see

For me I haven't done Madrid but Heide/Hansa. You're probably aware that every park will be very busy in august and I can imagine Hansa Park will have many summer guests because of its location at the coast. Hansa has Kärnan and Novgorod but I heard Gotham is top class too. So for coasters alone you have a difficult question.
For flight: Maybe Amsterdam can be cheap? You have to take several trains to the german parks surely. Or airport Hannover south of Hamburg. Heide Park is located between these two cities.