• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heroic Land: New theme park proposed for Calais, France

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
logo-calais-2015-450.png

A massive, new, ambitious theme park development was announced yesterday in Calais, Northern France - just 8 minutes drive from the car ferry port from where ferries arrive from Dover.

plan-parc.jpg

For many years, local authorities had talked about a theme park in the area but nothing came to fruition. Now however, major partners - including GDF-Suez, the French government and many more are working together to bring this project to life later this decade.

Located just a few short miles from the ferry port in Calais, the new park will contain a range of themed areas, rides and shows for the whole family.

Duelling rollercoasters, a wing coaster, children's rollercoasters, dark rides, large thrill flat rides, kids areas and much more are featured on the website.

Submarine Voyage type ride:
heroicland-atlantis-ship1.jpg

Rapids:
heroicland-island-rafting1.jpg

Wing Coaster:
heroicland_vol-audessus-nid-extra-terrestres1.jpg

Log Flume:
heroicland_forbidden-planet1.jpg

Floorless Top Spin:
heroicland_grotte-des-goblins1.jpg

Indoor Coaster:
heroicland-tokyos-night1.jpg

You can see more on the planned rides and location at www.heroicland.com - click on 'Univers & Attractions' tab for details on themed areas/rides.

Last edited:
Pretty cool concept art. Naturally, any new theme park is always a good thing, but one with easy access from the UK? This could potentially be a day trip kinda place!

Wonder what the chances are of this park actually being made?

Did they get a 5 year old to draw up those concepts, and the name for that matter? They don't look very professional!

Firstly, with re: the name - it's a French park and sometimes names don't translate particularly well.

I should imagine that the concepts are merely vague.

It's surely a positive to see something like this even mooted...?

:)

Firstly, with re: the name - it's a French park and sometimes names don't translate particularly well.

I should imagine that the concepts are merely vague.

It's surely a positive to see something like this even mooted...?

I'd say its only positive if it's a good park, which based on those images, looks a little tacky to me.

The log flume, if the concepts are anything to go by, looks like the standard two drop compact design which you can find at Paultons Park and Pleasure Beach Skegness to name a few places, and I hate to say it but the track and vehicle design of the winged coaster looks like it could be an Intamin Winged Launch very much like Furius Baco. ;)

I tend not go on off concept images as bona-fide examples of what will actually be built.

They are probably just indicators as to the type of rides that may be built in the park.

Personally I think it's great to see another park, easily accessible from the UK, mooted. Of course I wouldn't be prepared to say that it *is* going to happen, but either way - it's quite exciting.

That they say it'll open in three years - and even have a little countdown on the website - sounds a bit too ambitious to me. Even Paramount, which has been mooted for a while and is only just gathering pace, won't be open until 2020 at the earliest.

That they also seem to have outlined all the attractions they are expecting the park to have also seems ambitious given the time frame. Granted, there are a good few flats thrown in there, but the trackless dark ride, a wing rider, a rapids, indoor coaster and more? Hmm...

Naturally, I'd support any new theme park development, particularly one with such easy access from the UK. But after reading the website a bit more, it looks more like someone's fantasy theme park rather than something which will actually happen. Still, one can hope :)

That they say it'll open in three years - and even have a little countdown on the website - sounds a bit too ambitious to me. Even Paramount, which has been mooted for a whole and is only just gathering pace. Won't be open until 2020 at the earliest.

That they also seem to have outlined all the attractions they are expecting the park to have also seems ambitious given the time frame. Granted, there are a good few flats thrown in there, but the trackless dark ride, a wing rider, a rapids, indoor coaster and more? Hmm...

Naturally, I'd support any new theme park development, particularly one with such easy access from the UK. But after reading the website a bit more, it looks more like someone's fantasy theme park rather than something which will actually happen. Still, one can hope :)

This.

BUT as you say, nice to see such proposals! And GDF-Suez have a fair bit of money...

It's so strange how there could be a new foreign park closer to me than Towers...Let's hope it gets built! The more creds the better :p

After looking at the website it does look a little better than I first thought, however it still looks very RCT3 to me.

Just been doing some research into this:

- They are currently looking for further investors
- Total cost of development €350million (£270m)
- Attractions up to 260 feet tall

Just been doing some research into this:

- They are currently looking for further investors
- Total cost of development €350million (£270m)
- Attractions up to 260 feet tall

This is where these things usually fall down.

And IF paramount happens Calais is a terrible location for a park, it's faffy for UK guests to get there, northern France is well served by Disney and Astrix and Plopsa isn't far away.

Not convinced.

Whilst Calais is a dump, I'm not sure how a place served by the ferry and Eurotunnel could be termed as 'faffy' for UK guests...

As for this, well anything could happen, could be built, might just get cancelled... Be interesting if it opens with what's claimed though...

Paramount happening will not affect this park in being built, as I'm sure the French and other Europeans would feel that getting to Paramount is also 'faffy' for them...

Paramount happening will not affect this park in being built, as I'm sure the French and other Europeans would feel that getting to Paramount is also 'faffy' for them...
From the concepts Paramount looks to be on a different scale in terms of size and quality. Paramount will be like our Disneyland. European visitors will come over here for Paramount like we go to France for Disneyland Paris. But I can't see people going from England to solely visit Heroic Land, like they wouldn't come over here just to visit Thorpe Park or Chessington.

Clearly Paramount is on a different scale.

Let's get that settled right away.

Now, how cool! Someone just 2 miles off the port of Calais fancies building a theme park.

Good on them. Let's hope they manage it.

Perhaps the French and Belgians might visit this place since Adventure Island is too faffy.