• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex - If and when will it return

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That's so close to the real ride, it's actually a bit surreal. The level of detail is astonishing. There's only one difference I noticed and that is that the gothic screen / arch on the way into the octagon with all the lovely tracery is missing.

I would download it but I don't think my computer will be able to handle it.

Urm wow, that is some recreation. Oh I hope they reopen hex very soon.
It's almost a tease that is so close to the mark.

eventually, i think Virtual Towers Online will be an online game with a full recreation of the park!

eventually, i think Virtual Towers Online will be an online game with a full recreation of the park!

That recreation is a thing of beauty. A full recreation would be amazing and hopefully it's something Merlin would get behind as almost "free advertising" or a virtual map of the park for first time visitors.

Absolutely amazing creation. Its things like this make you realize that Alton Towers without Hex is simply not Alton Towers.

if, like me, you miss Hex, here's a recreation of it, by Virtual Towers Online, a game currently development game! this is the first section they did, and they released it so people can look at and explore it (be warned: the file is very big! for those of you who cannot download it, I've embedded a video that they also released). I've also embedded a link to their Facebook page, as well.
download: https://drive.google.com/…/0B-g-bYcKoCj9THNaTkw2czZyM…/view…
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTowersNL2/
video:

That is absolutely amazing. A shame I can't execute it on my Mac, but that is a truly faithful recreation of the ride. Means I can ride it forever, even if one day they get rid of it - which would be a very, very sad day! Hex is an absolute classic and I'm itching for it to re-open.

That recreation is a thing of beauty. A full recreation would be amazing and hopefully it's something Merlin would get behind as almost "free advertising" or a virtual map of the park for first time visitors.
Don't quote me on this but apparently Towers are backing this and are giving them free visits to the park to get details from the rides ect

That video is incredible; the level of detail is astonishing and the team is clearly very talented.

It reminds me why I love Hex so much. That ride is dripping with atmosphere throughout and the finale just so fun, especially when you're riding with people who don't know what to expect. It's the sort of attraction that you'd mark down as a one-trick pony but in reality, it still entertains after many, many rides.

For me, it's the best ride in the park and I just can't justify the cost of a trip to Towers until they get it open again. I really, really hope it's back on the menu in 2017.

That video is incredible; the level of detail is astonishing and the team is clearly very talented.

It reminds me why I love Hex so much. That ride is dripping with atmosphere throughout and the finale just so fun, especially when you're riding with people who don't know what to expect. It's the sort of attraction that you'd mark down as a one-trick pony but in reality, it still entertains after many, many rides.

For me, it's the best ride in the park and I just can't justify the cost of a trip to Towers until they get it open again. I really, really hope it's back on the menu in 2017.
completely agree!

Don't know if it has anything to do with hex itself, but yestarday I noticed a sign outside the enterence of hex (which I assume was put up recently, I've never noticed it before) saying "vehicle access required at all times, keep clear". I don't know I it is actually about hex or the general area around fountain square, but I heard a suggestion that it may be for work going on around hex.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.