• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Cameras generally pick up light far better than the eye.
Technically not true. It's just that modern cameras have very good auto-gain. (And gain really should be a last resort when you've run out of F stop).
I suspect if you gave most people these days control over the exposure themselves their heads would explode.

I'm still finding it very hard to believe that this will reopen this season.

Technically not true. It's just that modern cameras have very good auto-gain. (And gain really should be a last resort when you've run out of F stop).
I suspect if you gave most people these days control over the exposure themselves their heads would explode.

I'm still finding it very hard to believe that this will reopen this season.
The park are still stating it’ll be open on Tuesday 15th October. I’m also skeptical, but I trust their opinion more than mine which is just based on social media at this point!

Good point, which I almost made myself. It largely also depends what size and quality sensor the camera has. Amazingly, a couple of the absolute pocket cameras have a 1 inch sensor nowadays which lets in an amazing amount of light, then the camera can do the rest to make it even lighter if you allow those settings. These sensors a few years ago would only be on full size cameras. You can now slide them in your pocket. I should know, I upgraded to one a few months ago (DJI Pocket 3). I noticed Shaun (TPWW) was using one a couple of weeks back too. I had previously used the Pocket 2 but the sensor was not as good in low light. Amazing tech by the way, with gimbal built in. This is not an advert! 😆

Oh, believe me, some of the new toys on the latest Sony broadcast cameras blow my mind... And I've been working with this stuff for almost 24 years!

But anyway, back on topic....
I'm hoping to visit scarefest in a couple of weeks. I'm currently working on the same basis I was a week ago: No Hex.
Right decision mate, don't expect it to be open but if it is then bonus!

Oh, believe me, some of the new toys on the latest Sony broadcast cameras blow my mind... And I've been working with this stuff for almost 24 years!

But anyway, back on topic....
I'm hoping to visit scarefest in a couple of weeks. I'm currently working on the same basis I was a week ago: No Hex.

I think it will open on Tuesday, what you can’t be sure of is whether something else will bugger up after that.

I had to ride the ride portion entirely on my lonesome!

It’s an odd experience isn’t it. Part of my opening checklist when I worked at AT was to ride two cycles on Hex each morning (one sat each side of the vault) to check for dead lamps or broken fx. It was probably one of the best parts of my job given my love for the ride, but it was certainly unnerving…..and not exactly the most fun first thing on a Sunday morning after a Sat night sherbet or two.. 🥴

Was in the batch of people waiting in the Octogan to ride this before it broke. Was with someone who’d never ridden before and loved all the pre-show stuff so was disappointing to be so close to getting on it!

Then went through Burial Grounds and it shutdown as we got halfway through with everyone being told to exit, actors breaking character.

Then hopped on Curse at Alton Manor and got stopped in the graveyard scene. All quite hilarious really.

Was in the batch of people waiting in the Octogan to ride this before it broke. Was with someone who’d never ridden before and loved all the pre-show stuff so was disappointing to be so close to getting on it!

Then went through Burial Grounds and it shutdown as we got halfway through with everyone being told to exit, actors breaking character.

Then hopped on Curse at Alton Manor and got stopped in the graveyard scene. All quite hilarious really.

If you get pulled out of a scare attraction mid way through sadly it’s often because someone has assaulted an actor.

Poor luck on all three though.

If you get pulled out of a scare attraction mid way through sadly it’s often because someone has assaulted an actor.

Or a fire alarm trigger, or a medical issue, or a guests hair getting intimate with a chainsaw, or Medialon has thrown a wobbler - I wouldn’t always just assume that an assault has taken place (even if they are far too common)