• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Highest ride count you've ever attained during a theme park day?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Over the years, we've all had many theme park days, and often (well, it is for me, anyway), one good measure of whether a theme park day has been a good one is the number of rides you did during the day. Even if it's not the be all and end all, most are usually more satisfied by a visit when they've done more rides than they are when they've done less rides. With this in mind, I'd be keen to know; what is the highest number of rides you've ever ridden during a theme park day? Which day has entailed your highest ride count?

I'll get the ball rolling with my answer.

Personally, my highest ever daily ride count is 30 rides. I have attained this number twice; once at Drayton Manor in June 2022 and most recently yesterday at Thorpe Park.

My top 3 highest ride counts of all time are as follows:
RankingPark Day(s)Ride Count
1Drayton Manor 9th June 2022, Thorpe Park 15th September 202330
2Europa Park 29th April 202221
3Thorpe Park 7th September 202116

But I'd be very intrigued to know; what has been your highest ever ride count during a theme park day?

Did 46 rides in a day at Europa-Park once which is my personal best ever. Most recently I did 41 rides at Gröna Lund the other week, but that was thanks to it being completely dead, having a fair number of re-rideable rides and them all being practically on top of one another.

Never ever counted, but a full day at the Towers in the autumn with zero queues, all day, used to happen pretty much every year for over a decade.
Then the cheap season passes turned up.
So roughly fifty rides a day, quite regularly, but not now, as 1...the old git can't take it, and 2...To get the chance again would be nice!

38, also at Gröna Lund on a TST event back in 2016. ERT on Jetline & Twister (11 & 10 consecutive rides) definitely helped.

I do find that nowadays I just don't care about riding rides to death in the same way I used to. Less seems to be more for me the older I get!

38, also at Gröna Lund on a TST event back in 2016. ERT on Jetline & Twister (11 & 10 consecutive rides) definitely helped.
Somehow my ridecount was actually without Twister or Jetline even being open! Being a fan of drop towers in a park laden with them helped though.

I've stopped counting re-rides a few years ago but the few I do remember are:

72 at BPB (71 Wild Mouse, 1 Grand National) - mid week term time in May, so it was so empty I was re-riding the Mouse without getting out of the seat, when a queue of 8 people appeared I went to Grand National for a lap, then returned to the Mouse)
70 at Thorpe Park (can't remember what rides, it was almost empty, pouring down but in the days when they ran the coasters in the rain. Inferno let us stay on, Stealth we just had to walk through the gate to get back into the onload platform, X we were using the door between offload and onload)

Storm Chaser and Cyclonator are both pretty good rides with a bit of a kick to them.
I don't want to derail the thread, but I agree. Cyclonator seemed better than usual, but I only did that once. I did Storm Chaser 6 times and it was pretty fun, although it was quite a bit tamer than I remembered.

I don't have any proof but a friend of a friend said they went on Mandrill Mayhem 121 times on Monday and the staff kept count for them. It's been walk-on all week so it's technically possible.
If this is true then it's mightily impressive. Assuming the theoretical capacity of 840 guests per hour is correct, Mandrill Mayhem can run up to 30 cycles per hour. This would mean that your friend of a friend, would have had to have ridden it for just over 4 hours, without a toilet or lunch break, and be on every single train out of that station, with the ride running absolutely perfectly at its intended throughout rate. The park would have had to suspend virtual queuing for the ride too, which some have reported they weren't doing earlier this month. The ride attendants would have probably had to let them stay on the ride, or get off on the entrance side rather than the exit, so that they could be on the immediate next cycle.

With the park being open for 7 hours, I suppose it would have been technically possible, even allowing for a few things to go wrong, but I think I'm going to take the claim with a bit of salt. By the sounds of it I think you are too!

If this is true then it's mightily impressive. Assuming the theoretical capacity of 840 guests per hour is correct, Mandrill Mayhem can run up to 30 cycles per hour. This would mean that your friend of a friend, would have had to have ridden it for just over 4 hours, without a toilet or lunch break, and be on every single train out of that station, with the ride running absolutely perfectly at its intended throughout rate. The park would have had to suspend virtual queuing for the ride too, which some have reported they weren't doing earlier this month. The ride attendants would have probably had to let them stay on the ride, or get off on the entrance side rather than the exit, so that they could be on the immediate next cycle.

With the park being open for 7 hours, I suppose it would have been technically possible, even allowing for a few things to go wrong, but I think I'm going to take the claim with a bit of salt. By the sounds of it I think you are too!
If anything, the theoretical throughput of 840pph is a bit overstated. When I went, it was doing about a train every 3 minutes, which is closer to 560pph or 20 cycles per hour.

That would mean that they’d have to have ridden it for every cycle for just over 6 hours!

The single rider queue has been open all week which bypasses the virtual queue. When i was there it was regularly operating with empty seats too so certainly possible they were allowing re-rides, especially if they knew or became friendly with staff. The queuing system doesn't really accommodate re-rides though as the staff member allocating seats would be unaware (although equally people were ignoring their allocated seats) so it's hard to imagine they would be regularly doing that.

Otherwise if they were having to rejoin the single rider queue every time at best they'd probably be on every other cycle.

But... it was so quiet when we went and that was post school break up so it is conceivable it was literally running empty at the start of the week.

EDIT: Also they were open till 7pm so that's 9 hours of operation too.

Last edited:
Oh lets have festive faith in this friend of a friend of a stranger on the internet, and say his claim is good...
All we need now is our smartphone geolocation to tie in with our thoosie ride spreadsheet in excel directly, and the evidence would be there for all.

The single rider queue has been open all week which bypasses the virtual queue. When i was there it was regularly operating with empty seats too so certainly possible they were allowing re-rides, especially if they knew or became friendly with staff. The queuing system doesn't really accommodate re-rides though as the staff member allocating seats would be unaware (although equally people were ignoring their allocated seats) so it's hard to imagine they would be regularly doing that.

Otherwise if they were having to rejoin the single rider queue every time at best they'd probably be on every other cycle.

But... it was so quiet when we went and that was post school break up so it is conceivable it was literally running empty at the start of the week.

EDIT: Also they were open till 7pm so that's 9 hours of operation too.
The '121 rides' claim does seem to be possible when you break it down like that. If it did happen, then it was quite an achievement!