• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hobbies

RyanUK

TS Member
Away from theme parks, we all have other hobbies that we enjoy. I’m interested to know about other peoples hobbies. Mine involve:

• Railways, trains and infrastructure. I live less than an hour from London and enjoy travelling by train to various places. My travels have taken me to explore many railway scenes off of the train (seeing them from a train has made me wanted to explore more). Engineering works can also be interesting and I have chatted to project managers on large projects. I also enjoy the Underground stations, and occasionally a steam train.

• Board games. Many years ago I joined a board games club. It re-ignited some old classics I hadn’t played in years. I also found some brilliant new games and have built up a nice selection of old and new ones, a few involving card games. Lockdowns in 2020 initially suspended the club for over 18 months before it was decided it wouldn’t return. My life has changed since the lockdowns and commitments aren’t as easy. I’m not one of these who attends these events where lots of serious players meet up. I also enjoy playing some of the board games online, through Board Game Arena, it’s brilliant.

• The sights, walking and days out. I’ve always enjoyed visiting places of interest and days out, so I suppose I could be labelled a culture vulture. I enjoy a city break too.

Away from theme parks, we all have other hobbies that we enjoy. Mine involve:

• Railways, trains and infrastructure. I live less than an hour from London and enjoy travelling by train to various places. My travels have taken me to explore many railway scenes off of the train (seeing them from a train has made me wanted to explore more). Engineering works can also be interesting and I have chatted to project managers on large projects. I also enjoy the Underground stations, and occasionally a steam train.

• Board games. Many years ago I joined a board games club. It re-ignited some old classics I hadn’t played in years. I also found some brilliant new games and have built up a nice selection of old and new ones, a few involving card games. Lockdowns in 2020 initially suspended the club for over 18 months before it was decided it wouldn’t return. My life has changed since the lockdowns and commitments aren’t as easy. I’m not one of these who attends these events where lots of serious players meet up. I also enjoy playing some of the board games online, through Board Game Arena, it’s brilliant.

• The sights, walking and days out. I’ve always enjoyed visiting places of interest and days out, so I suppose I could be labelled a culture culture. I enjoy a city break too.
If you can be labelled a culture culture, shall I be a vulture vulture?
I like rollercoasters and beer me.
I ride my pushbike on the prom on occasion, and fail to fly a big red kite...still.
I also enjoy poking thoosies for fun.

OK, so desperate for some Blackpool winter action I did the Arcade Club (again) near the football ground.
Another unbiased opinion...bloody great fun.
Three hours pinball mischief, brand new Dr No machine for an hour on my own, and half a dozen other machines in top notch condition.
Well, they were until I got my sweaty mitts on them.
Ten out of ten for an evenings solo entertainment...well worth the effort, get value if you stay a few hours.
The crowd was good, mixed ages, some clear vintage gaming geeks (100 old vid machines and fifty new ones) , and I chuckled at a thought mid evening...
Was I hanging round with thoosies???
There was a definite sort of indie/freak/clubby vibe about the place, and I did feel I was in the company of fellow hobbyists.
But were they actual thoosies?