• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hotel hairdryers and irons

Off Season has reached a new low...

I also love the whole berating of Towers doing something that hasn't been proved by anyone as of yet...

Good times...

Chaz said:
Without causing an argument, have you really?

I've stayed in way too many Travel Lodges and Premier Inns, and while at Premier Inns are superior to TL (IMO) and the price reflects that, both do not compare to either of the AT hotels.
Sure have. Obviously I'm talking about the room itself, not the overall hotel.

By reading this thread all I can do is image heads of Towers and Merlin sitting on a mountain of irons and hair-dryers giving out malicious laughter!

"At last the pieces of our ingenious plan, are finally falling falling together!"

"first we take all the irons and Hairdyers and with the power generated from each we shall be able to create a laser capable of blowing up the moon!"

"It most certainly is ingenious my friend!"

"Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!!"

I have never stayed in a Premier Inn or Travelodge any nicer than ATH or Splash, some have come close but not actually better.

The only thing some Premiers beat Towers on is the bathrooms as ATH's are horrid and Splash's are tiny. As for the hair-dryer thing, i'm fairly sure they are still in the rooms.

It depends what you mean by better.

There is plenty of Premier Inn and Travelodges which are new or have been refurbished and have a cleaner and fresher feel to them, but they lack the magic touches that ATH and Splash have.

The Bed Covers, the pictures on the wall, the little things.

I think when you stop in ATH or Splash to much, you start to take all these little things for granted, and start to notice all the small annoyances. As with most things, if you could go back to ATH for the first time, it would feel far more special than a Travelodge or Premier Inn.

Ian

Ok so I've never actually stayed in the hotels on site but going on what I've seen via Facebook pics etc the standards aren't really that high to be honest...

Diogo uploaded a picture a few months back showing a faded sticker with actual dirt on the curtains...it looked pretty filthy if I'm honest!! I know sometimes stuff like this gets missed but @ £250pn sometimes, it's not really acceptable!

Both Alton Towers Hotel and Splash Landings are not officialy star rated anymore, however Trip Advisor, Late Rooms etc all rate the hotels according to their reviews etc. These arent official ratings, they just give an idea.

As for the irons and hairdryers, when I stayed last week in Alton Towers Hotel they were still there as usual, however Splah Landings has now finished its refurb and Alton Towers Hotel has started having one so they could disappear as the rooms are renovated :)

As far as I'm aware Splash and the Water park are still under refurb this weekend as we are booked in to ATH for Sunday night.

Natalie said:
As far as I'm aware Splash and the Water park are still under refurb this weekend as we are booked in to ATH for Sunday night.

Splash Landings has been finished but the Waterpark is closed until the last week in the month :)

Splash isn't available for bookings until the 30th of January. Hotels won't be busy at the moment though.

Myth BUSTED!

u2e8ybad.jpg

8a5a8yqy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2