• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hotels Opening 2016

AT86

TS Member
Hi, I wasn't sure if this needed it's own topic or even if it would be that interesting but here goes anyway.

It seems that the prices have been uploaded for hotel bookings for 2016 and it appears that on off peak mid week dates that Splash Landings Hotel will be closed. The system is showing 'fully booked' on various Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I would be very surprised if this is the case - it is more likely that the hotel won't be open - the same message appears when you try and search midweek in the winter when Splash does usually shut.

Alton Towers Hotel and the Enchanted Village don't seem to be affected and I would have thought the Waterpark will also stay open.

I assume this is cost cutting after a bad 2015, but it seems pretty sensible - they must save a lot of money by shutting the hotel entirely and can also change plans if bookings pick up - I guess at the moment it is a bit of an unknown for the park as to how the public will react next season and how quickly they will come back.

The dates showing as closed are:
April 20, 26, 27
May 10, 11, 17
Sep 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
Oct 4, 5, 11, 12

Of course this could just be an error in the system and make this whole post pointless!

The fact they feel the need to close an entire hotel midweek does raise the question of whether the extension to the ATH hotel in 2017 is actually needed - maybe this will get delayed again until they can fill the current rooms.

Or is it possible that they have a big conference booking for those dates and have blocked out rooms ready for the event?

Or will the theme park be closed on those days?
Looking at the 2016 ticket booking options that are now on the website you are probably right. Seems the park will be closed Tuesday and Wednesdays off peak and it lines up pretty much exactly with the dates Splash seems 'fully booked'.