How Busy?

Discussion in 'Your Alton Towers Trip Reports and Plans' started by Scott, 12th Jun 2012.

1. Leah

Leah TowersStreet Member

Can't say I spend much time in cbeebies, it it looks like the bigger rides (get set go, postman pat, ITNGMBR, octanauts) get queues around half hour or more. Despite the fact next year's flat has a queue for nearly three hours worth of people, the smaller rides in cbeebies rarely get queues. Cbeebies is also open for ERT you can get there, as everything is walk on.

Also, after Thomas land I wouldn't get your hopes up about cbeebies ;)

2. BlondeGeek691

BlondeGeek691 TowersStreet Member

Oooh I forgot Cbeebies was on ERT, I might get get there early and do the bigger rides first before the queues bulid up. She is really well behaved but based on our trip to DLP earlier in the year she can only really manage a queue of 20 mins before getting bored and naughty.

I'm not expecting it to be as good as Thomas Land, I just cant wait to get her hooked on AT like mummy :)

3. discoinferno

discoinferno Guest

Was thinking of going to Towers this afternoon but looks like it's heaving. Anybody on park today?

4. andyramone

andyramone TowersStreet Member

Is it safe to assume a nice quiet day if I go on a weekday in the last week of September do you think?

5. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    Should be pretty dead, make sure you don't aim for one of the days its closed ;)

Towerslover likes this.
  6. Poisson

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    Easter Friday or Easter Monday, how busy and how likely are either to be a "family" day, if you get my drift

Last edited: 31st Mar 2017
    Burbs and DiogoJ42 like this.
  7. Mel

Mel TowersStreet Member

That's what I want to know!! Also I have been warned about large groups of travellers going over Easter- is it true???

8. Poisson

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    Yes, very true and they have "family days" on the weekend with no booze on park, metal detectors and extra security, hence me wondering when then start

9. Towerslover

Towerslover TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Icon
    Usually it's a weekend over scarefest and a weekend over Easter. I was there on scarefest one of the days and there was a lot of stupid behaviour but I didn't see any fights like I've heard of in previous years.

10. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

I think Towers are now on top of the situation with no booze policy and extra security about. So these days on park are now less stressful for everyone

Bert2theSpark likes this.
  11. yoursilentface

yoursilentface TowersStreet Member

I can only apologise for this lame question in advance...

Are good Fridays usually busy or is it one of them days where people expect it to be so they stay away?

12. Poisson

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    I'll let you know on Friday XD

13. Lizkatewells

Lizkatewells TowersStreet Member

Hi guys, how busy is AT likely to be on a Saturday/Sunday? I've always gone through the week and I was supposed to go today but I slept in over my alarm, oops!

I can buy fast track passes for me and my son to make things easier.

14. KingNemesis

KingNemesis TowersStreet Member

Weekends can obviously pretty busy but as far as I'm aware there is nothing special that would make this weekend any busier that the rest. You can buy fastracks as a pack (with so many rides) or One Shots that are just for one ride. I would recommend not buying without gauging the busyness of the park so your not spending money for no reason.

https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/extras/fastrack/#fastrack-packages

15. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

I visit park most Sundays and find it usually very quiet, last Sunday most rides were almost walk on :)

16. belongstothesmiler

belongstothesmiler TowersStreet Member

Planning a visit on Monday 5th June. This will be the first Monday after May half term week so wondering how busy do you think it will be? Got a 3 hour drive so setting off around 7 to get there for 10AM and we are also taking two friends who have never been so will be wanting to get on rides that we normally miss out and hoping to complete The Big 6 Challenge.

17. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    It will depend on the weather, won't be as busy as the half term, but the week leading up to the half term and after are slightly busier than normal. But even if you were to have nice weather and it was slightly busier than normal, I'm sure you'll be fine, you will get on everything that you want to without any problems. I usually get on all the rides that I want to on the fireworks weekend and that is always the busiest the park gets each season

belongstothesmiler likes this.
  18. belongstothesmiler

belongstothesmiler TowersStreet Member

Thanks, park is open 10-5 that day so hopefully will get on everything with no problems!

19. Tubegirl

Tubegirl TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Hi. We are looking to visit 5/6 October and we're told on the phone there is a special event those days so we need to book out three rooms soon as they are selling out. Anyone have any idea what that event might be? Wondering if it's worth trying to reschedule if it'll be too busy in the park.

20. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    There is the Scarefest on the 7/8 October, so I presume that those days might be staff preview nights? So staff, family and friends might be staying at resort for the event?

or it might be a ploy just to get you to book sooner than later ;)

Last edited: 14th Jul 2017