• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

Spark said:
Anyone gave an update to how busy it's been so far this week?

Moderately busy on Monday. The Smiler queue ranged from 120 minutes in the morning to 40-50 post-7pm. After 5pm Forbidden Valley was dead (literally, walk-on for Nemesis and Air), however Thirteen sustained a 65-70 minute queue.

How busy will it be on the 23rd July do you reckon..?
Schools have just broken off for summer holidays, however it is the day after they break up.. how busy should i expect it to be?
Its a Wednesday Just adding?

edsly1 said:
Schools have just broken off for summer holidays, however it is the day after they break up.. how busy should i expect it to be?

Fairly busy I would imagine. It's always very busy everyday in July, it being a midweek barely makes any difference - it would only be slightly busier at the weekends.

Alastair said:
edsly1 said:

Fairly busy I would imagine. It's always very busy everyday in July, it being a midweek barely makes any difference - it would only be slightly busier at the weekends.
Cheers, I have 2 days in the park so will try and use both wisely
Will definitely ride the smiler

We've always found the first week of the summer holidays surprisingly quiet! Our theory is that many families head off on holiday abroad and save Towers as a treat for when they return or at the end of the holidays in August.

tp said:
We've always found the first week of the summer holidays surprisingly quiet! Our theory is that many families head off on holiday abroad and save Towers as a treat for when they return or at the end of the holidays in August.
Was it busy last year in the first week?, if so do you reckon this year will be the same?

It's proved a good week for the past few years, a good option if you are tied to school holidays.

Good morning, I'm planning my first trip to Alton towers over two days, the 15th and 16th of April, how busy will these days be? Many thanks

JRLDN said:
Good morning, I'm planning my first trip to Alton towers over two days, the 15th and 16th of April, how busy will these days be? Many thanks

Since you are visiting in the week leading up to Easter, some schools may have started their Easter holidays (although I'm not quite sure when exactly the school holidays start this year), but I'm guessing it may be moderately busy.

Shouldn't be as bad as it gets during the back end of the summer holidays or Scarefest, but it won't be dead on park.

Hope this helps :)

Josh said:
JRLDN said:

Since you are visiting in the week leading up to Easter, some schools may have started their Easter holidays (although I'm not quite sure when exactly the school holidays start this year), but I'm guessing it may be moderately busy.

Shouldn't be as bad as it gets during the back end of the summer holidays or Scarefest, but it won't be dead on park.

Fair enough, I am also considering the 30th of April and the 1st of May, what will it be like then?

JRLDN said:
Josh said:
JRLDN said:

Fair enough, I am also considering the 30th of April and the 1st of May, what will it be like then?

That sounds better, the schools should be back by then and the park will be in its quiet period just before the school trips start at the end of May. (I swear these kids spend more time in theme parks than in schools these days!) :)

chris556 said:
31march 3rd April what are my odds on not having huge epically long ques

I'm going 31st march-1st April. As those are week days I can't see it being busy as the Easter school break starts on Saturday 5th April, so we should have quite short queue lines.

Thanks for that Ian :)

Also, out of curiosity, how busy is Good Friday usually at the Towers. I've never been on a bank holiday before but I'm hopefully catching up with old school friends and the 18th April, Good Friday, is a day I'm looking at? Thanks in advance :)

I know it's miles away (looking at booking hotel room under 50% off), but any thoughts for September 4-5th (Thu-Fri)? As far as I'm aware, term starts on September 1st (Mon) this year but I wonder if some schools may be different and it could be surprisingly busy?

Danza91 said:
I know it's miles away (looking at booking hotel room under 50% off), but any thoughts for September 4-5th (Thu-Fri)? As far as I'm aware, term starts on September 1st (Mon) this year but I wonder if some schools may be different and it could be surprisingly busy?

Really? I'd have thought if the 1st was a Monday the first day would've been the 7th. The 1st seems too early.