• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

Tough luck for me then. Hoping to get Dark forest done with first, then do Hex, after that I'll go to Forbidden Valley, then down to Kayangs Canyon, to Wicker Man, then X sector to finish the day. How's that?

Just got back from being in the park yesterday. We queues to get into the car parks yesterday morning at 9.30.

Driving back home this morning the traffic queues started quite a bit before the entrance to Alton village, all the way through the village and all the way up the hill and then into the car parks- and that was at 10am so make sure you are parked before 9am!

As for queues yesterday, absolutely horrendous. The rides are trying to merge 3 queues and I feel sorry for the staff trying to do it. A huge normal queue, a huge fast track and a huge RAP queue.

We ended up buying gold fast pass tickets the day before and they were excuse the pun, worth their weight in gold even if it did cost £195 for the three of us.

Looking at queues today is even busier. Food outlets struggled yesterday running out of things, and although I didn’t do the mazes, queues for those also looked big the evening so perhaps do them in the afternoon instead.

I’ve not seen queues like that or traffic jams to that length for years. That was the sort of thing you would only see at Fireworks pre covid.

My advice, get there super early and buy fast track.

Just looking at potential dates to book off work to go and have a visit. How busy does anything think it may be around the 26th April?

You say that but sometimes you get random coaches arriving and unleashing loads of kids all over the place. Have The Sun free tickets started now as well? I've found that you can't really guarantee that any day will be very quiet any more. More likely on some days, sure. But no guarantees.

Have The Sun free tickets started now as well? I've found that you can't really guarantee that any day will be very quiet any more. More likely on some days, sure. But no guarantees.

It has indeed, booking closes on Tuesday (and I'm probably going. to muss out as I can't find anyone to go with even though I have enough codes).

so im looking to go to scarefest this year and because i live very far i thought we could stay in one of the hotels. for the first week of scarefest (usually the less busy) the main alton towers hotel is bassicly almost sold out. while the second week there is lots of space in all hotels so i was wondering what week would be more busy?

so im looking to go to scarefest this year and because i live very far i thought we could stay in one of the hotels. for the first week of scarefest (usually the less busy) the main alton towers hotel is bassicly almost sold out. while the second week there is lots of space in all hotels so i was wondering what week would be more busy?
2nd week is always the busy week. People might be put off by the high prices of the hotels as it'll cost more the 2nd week so maybe not as many will be staying over

when is the quietest day to go to Alton towers? Want to go either this weekend or next weekend. I’ve just read that bank holidays can be quiet? But this doesn’t seem right to me. We were thinking next weekend on the kings coronation as lots of people will already have plans🤷🏼‍♀️. Any advice greatly received

when is the quietest day to go to Alton towers? Want to go either this weekend or next weekend. I’ve just read that bank holidays can be quiet? But this doesn’t seem right to me. We were thinking next weekend on the kings coronation as lots of people will already have plans🤷🏼‍♀️. Any advice greatly received
There's a mindset that because it's a bank holiday, it'll be busy. Therefore people avoid going and as a result, it's nowhere near as busy as you'd anticipate.

It's not overly busy based on today (currently on park), and I imagine tomorrow will be a tad quieter.

when is the quietest day to go to Alton towers? Want to go either this weekend or next weekend.

Not a weekend day is the simple answer. It's open 7 days per week. But if the 2 weekend days are an absolute must, then Sunday is the quieter of the 2. The bank holidays coming up won't be as quiet as the mid week days that follow, but will probably be quieter than the 2 weekend days that proceed them.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but how busy do people think it will be generally on the weekdays of the first week of opening. Since I'm considering going down there and it's quite a drive away.

Will Nemesis reopening make it more lively than normal do people reckon? (Outside of weekends I mean)

Alton now seem to be doing surge pricing, so you can somewhat gauge how busy it will be by the ticket price online.

Nemesis reopening is likely to make things more lively, but currently tickets for Tuesday-Thursday of the first week of the season are still available for the lowest price possible online, which suggests they will be relatively quiet.

Alton now seem to be doing surge pricing, so you can somewhat gauge how busy it will be by the ticket price online.

Nemesis reopening is likely to make things more lively, but currently tickets for Tuesday-Thursday of the first week of the season are still available for the lowest price possible online, which suggests they will be relatively quiet.
Thank you for your help, me and my partner plan to go on the Thursday and Friday (with one night at the hotel) so good to know Thursday looks to be pretty quiet even if Friday is bit busier.