• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How do you like your restraints?

Alastair said:
Amy_D said:
I tried Nemesis with my restraint fairly loose today and loved it...I'm a convert!

Next do Oblivion. You won't regret it ;)

I will! Got my MAP yesterday so there'll be no keeping me away from the place!

Got a feeling towers will read this and force assistants to ram down harnesses. With OTSRs there isnt much need so long as they are not stupidly loose. Lapbars are slightly more important to have tight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BigDave said:
Got a feeling towers will read this and force assistants to ram down harnesses. With OTSRs there isnt much need so long as they are not stupidly loose. Lapbars are slightly more important to have tight.

All they need to do, and do do in some cases, is pull the harnesses to make sure they're locked. No need to push down, it's literally pointless. As long as they're locked it should make no difference.

Not entirely true. They need to be low enough to stop you sliding out, but that does not mean stapled in. Like ive said about 3 times. Anything with OTSRs can get away with slacker restraints

I prefer lapbars very tight, as I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to having my upper body free to move around - it still scares me a bit!
Spinball, well I ASK to be stapled into that thing after a rather hair raising ride where I think I had it at the very minimum...
Nemesis is the only ride I like the restraints loose on. I daren't try it on Oblivion as that ride scares the heck out of me and I usually only go on it due to peer pressure.
OTSRs, depends on the coaster. So, the first time I ride the Smiler, I'll have the restraint pretty tight, depending how I feel, might have it looser on subsequent rides.

I did have the, erm... pleasure? of riding Rollercoaster at the Pleasure Beach when it had NO restraints at all. And I was on the back row...

Won't forget THAT ride in a hurry!

I like my restraints, medium rare! :p

But after visiting Europa Park resently, Blue rare like blue fire! Loose and comfy. I could notice the difference on the inverstions. Take the hint, Merlin! ;)

loose on woodies and rides like Oblivion.Tight on any rides that go upside down. inverts,flyers and spinners are terrifying if they aren't tight.

Tight as possible on lap bar rides espacially Spinball and th13teen, little bit of room on Nemesis is appreciated! Very tight on Galactica though, anyone else feel as though they might fall out on the backwards bit? Think it's just because I'm not too tall!

i went on the Avalanche at Blackpool PB a few months ago, and when we went up the lift hill the lap bar self-tightened, squashing me :eek:!

Loose restraints are the best. Even on Maurer spinners/The Ultimate/Woodies Trying To Kill You

The only comfortable ones at towers have to be air and th13teen (haven't been on RMT recently enough to judge), and air needs to be tight. The rest need to be as loose as possible (any small people here ever been on sub terra before the new restraints were put on?), smilers crush my legs, nemesis' kill my shoulders, and rita's just hurt.

one restraint type I'm not keen on is shared lap bars, because if I'm riding with a large person (no offence), there's a gap between me and the safety bar :eek: (I'm quite thin), but not between them and the safety bar!

Last edited:
I like the otsr's on Galactica to be quite loose because it gives you that more free feeling. I ride Galactica in April and I pulled the restraint down to where I thought would be ok then a member of staff came along and pushed as hard as he could on it and the whole ride was so uncomfortable

Tight...

I really like the restraints on the smiller. I think they are really comfortable! Bit weird how you don't get a clicking sound though :p

one restraint type I'm not keen on is shared lap bars, because if I'm riding with a large person (no offence), there's a gap between me and the safety bar :eek: (I'm quite thin), but not between them and the safety bar!

I was on the Minetrain on Saturday with my two year old. It was quite funny (and terrifying to think about) just how the "safety" bar was doing nothing to hold her in :)

Last edited by a moderator: